Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not Oregon tort just A. tortousa. I know ORA has their own tort that they culture. The coralite structure looks very tort like. Joe the coral has very distinct green polyps and blue tips. So it's possible it may just need to color up. Trying to Id drags is so freaking difficult lol

It's definitely not pearl berry, mines coralite a look nothing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Joe the coral looks like a real good possibility. Time will tell. Hopefully it does good for me.

Well traded in my old light and got a down payment on the pintail! It's being held for me to hopefully pick it up on Friday. This beauty will be going into a social acclimation box seeing as I already have 2 wrasses in the tank. I did pick up a little ORA acro frag today as well. I'll share that here soon...

None of these are my photos but the first is what it looks like now and last is an adult male which I hope for it to become.

jrOi5wo.jpg

MG_9578.jpg

Nice looking fish. Love the colors on the that male. I have never heard of them. I will definately look them up. Good luck with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got some BRS clear screen to replace my black bird screen today. This stuff let's in 99% of the light also. Went from a 1/2" square to a 1/8" square. Big difference. Should have been done long ago even though I haven't had any jumpers.

TPbAm3a.jpg

So I ended up passing on the little pintail wrasse. I know you where all looking forward to it! Lol. The main reason I didn't get it was how small it was and I lost my little social fairy from what I believe to be a combination of the initial health and bullying from my orchid dottyback. My dottyback was larger than him and very well established. I should have used a social acclimation box anyways. I'm not ready to loose a fish of that price. I did get a bigger size red fin fairy wrasse that looks plump and is larger than the dottyback. Also a social acclimation box will be in use. Maybe in the future one of the pintail (only $10 more for an already male if he can get them) will be an option. I also got a skunk cleaner shrimp thrown in for my light trade in credit. Acclimating everything now. Photos soon.

You really need to try to catch that dotty back. You will never have peace in your tank.Everywhere says they are semi-aggressive but all dotty backs are mean suckers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You really need to try to catch that dotty back. You will never have peace in your tank.Everywhere says they are semi-aggressive but all dotty backs are mean suckers.

Possibly, but he has always been the most docile fish in the tank. The orchids are usually the only exception with super aggressive dottyback behavior. He's never picked on any of the fish I've had, not one. The potter's angel I had picked on him at first. I think they where just way to similar in shape and size. He's also the fish I've had the longest currently in the tank..

Some better shots of the new wrasse in social acclimation day 2. He's looking really good and eating well too. Very pretty fish IMO. The question still remains, will the dottyback play nice? He's checked him out a few times through the box, the wrasse. Also one of the skunk, just thought I'd leave him in invade the new guy had anything on him as a 'halfway" precaution.
ApTg7ch.jpg

kwWRqp3.jpg

KM654zO.jpg

3RZJ5SG.jpg

Some better shots of the new wrasse in social acclimation day 2. He's looking really good and eating well too. Very pretty fish IMO. The question still remains, will the dottyback play nice? He's checked him out a few times through the box, the wrasse. Also one of the skunk, just thought I'd leave him in invade the new guy had anything on him as a 'halfway" precaution.
ApTg7ch.jpg

kwWRqp3.jpg

KM654zO.jpg

3RZJ5SG.jpg

Wow! What a stunner and a cutie! (y)Love the new Wrasse, Paul!

Wow! What a stunner and a cutie! (y)Love the new Wrasse, Paul!
Very nice Paul?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Thanks! Released him into the DT last night. He is actually inseparable from my dottyback this morning. Following each other around with not even half a quarrel. He did however flare up on my melanurus which was surprising, but he can take care of himself.
How long are you had him with what other fish.Just a matter of time.

I can't agree or disagree here. About 95% of them are aggressive by nature. Ever fish has individual personality though. I once owned a sunrise dottyback and it was the devil. Killed many fish and was the hardest fish I ever had to remove from tank. Gave it away for free!

Back
Top Bottom