Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Almost ready to silicone my sump just a few more little tweaks. Just got the tank new so I could get this going I was tired of waiting. Please let me know if this would work good or what I could change. Thanks.

have you done your research on how deep of water to run your skimmer in? and if you have to raise it do you have room to do so?

thats a tall baffle for the skimmer compartment. thats just my opinion.

Where do you plan in placing the return pump? If it's the right side after the baffles, that's a real small area and that's where the water level will fall from evaporation. Do you have plans for an ATO?

No plans for an ATO. Should I make the return area bigger? Also twitch the skimmer baffle is that high to give me the right water level for the skimmer. Did I do that wrong ?

Most skimmers require about a 8-10 inch water level. Should say in the instructions for skimmer. Other and maybe widen the pump house a little. That size u will probably have to add water everyday to keep pump underwater.

The skimmer has lines that say min water level and max water level. I cut the baffle to be between those two lines. Is that wrong . And yea I will make the return area bigger. Do I just need to widen the return area or make higher baffles?

Mines a little different skimmer is in middle fuge on left. But see how I had to add egg crate to get skimmer to the right height.

Attachments

• image-4238950075.jpg
    image-4238950075.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 336
  • image-138716867.jpg
    image-138716867.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 322
Those water level marks are for what level the water inside skimmer should run at. You will adjust that later with Gate valve

Skimmer instructions say the water level has to be 1.5 inches above the pump inlet. That's all the info about the water level I have besides the lines on skimmer

I'm so confused . What I think I need to do is cut the first baffle below the gate valve and make the return section wider. Is that right?

Ok thanks. I just measured and that would make my first baffle after the skimmer only a inch taller than the baffle before the return area. So I would have to trim those down some too so the flow would work?

I think I got it. I'll cut the baffle 3 inches and raise the skimmer a few inches as well. That will give me the right skimmer height and still have the first baffle higher than the return baffles.sound like a good plan?

My platform is made. My baffles are ready to be siliconed tonite. I made the return chamber a foot wide so that should be big enough.also got a glass top for $50. Pretty good price I think .

Still haven't got around to glueing the baffles in. My girl got me sick. And the top was the wrong one . Of course the right one is $80 bucks. Bunch of bad mojo going on here .

Just finished glueing the sump baffles in. A little disappointed it didn't come out too great. My fuge area is smaller than I would like it so I'll just do a dsb in there with algae and less rock than I planned. Also it's very ugly lol. I had a piece I had to shim because it wasn't wide enough. I'll post pics after it dries for a while.

Back
Top Bottom