Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That helps thanks. I guess I have no choice but the put the valve on the return then. Might still go with hoses to the sump. Not to familiar with plumbing parts what makes unions so good?

why do you want to put a valve on your pump, just out of curiosity?

well when you hard line plumbing, sometimes you dont get the 90's or 45's just right and the union between the joints will allow to glue them and still turn them how you need to to get the correct angle of the dangle.

Ok makes more sense . I can't actually remember where I got the valve idea or what is really for so I guess it's not really important . Thanks

the valve is if your overflow is rated less than your pump. as a control.

if you spend the money on a gate valve bulk reef supply sells them

any way if you use a gate valve on 1 of the overflow pipes, you can dial it in so that you have a full siphon on that line it will be completely silent. use the second overflow pipe as a just in can pipe should the full siphon become blocked it will keep water off the floor and your overflow to still work. if you do some searches for that "herbie ultra silent overflow" i mentioned on another thread of yours you can get more details about what im talking about. also if you want when you ready i can pm you my phone number if you wanna chat about how i have mine set up sense we have the same ins and outs.

That might be where I got the idea from. I remember something like that now. I'll check it out again and see if it seems like something good for my tank . Thanks again

Looks like that method is for drilled tanks only . If that's right I might as well just go with hoses for into sump and straight pipe for return. What brand of pipe cement is aquarium safe?

that method is not for drilled only. consider your 1200gph overflow box your tank being drilled with 2 holes to supply water to your sump. idk if that made sense. i use cristy's red hot blue glue. but i think oats? will work too sense its for potable water.

i use the cristy's because ive read so many threads mentioning it and people using it.

Too late? I'm lost. I went to my Lfs ordered 150lbs caribsea reef rock . Got another 42 lbs that they had there. Also they couldn't find my paper for my glass top so instead of me paying the $30 dollar difference they just gave it to me. I'm tapped for cash but i am one step closer to being done.

too late.... i figured you may have already ran to the hardware store to get some pvc cement.

good deal for your glass top.

Back
Top Bottom