Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trust me it won't lol I have 9 fish in mine and doesn't look crowded....granted most are smaller but still.

My cheato went from a nice clump to falling apart. I have a 6500 swirly light on it when the tank lights are out. Any ideas why this is happening? Only thing I changed was adjusting the skimmer.

Also I notice the fish have trouble swimming in some areas because of the powerheads. Should I leave that and see if they get used to it

I'd leave the powerheads for now, most fish will deal with it and be fine. :) My clown actually surfs the flow in my 125g, he'll go back and forth all day long lol

Powerhead surfing lol I like it. Better than floor surfing. Do you have any idea what's up with my cheato from my post before that one?

I saw that post, I really have no idea. My cheato is pretty much in a loose type mess floating in my refugium. Still green as well but not sure if thats what its supposed to do. LOL

Ok well I'll just keep an eye on it. I know it's working because my nitrates have gone down to 5 since I added my fish so I guess if it's not broke don't fix it.

Hondatek said:
Ok well I'll just keep an eye on it. I know it's working because my nitrates have gone down to 5 since I added my fish so I guess if it's not broke don't fix it.

I think there may not be enough flow in the fuge.

Ok it's video time. Caught my trates climbing in my old tank I guess from moving and catching the lion so I made the call to move porc chop over.

Ok it's almost been a week since I added fish. Parameters still the same. The water has a slight haze to it not too bad but I still don't like it. Thinking I may need to run some carbon . Should it go in the skimmer section or the return section ?

Back
Top Bottom