Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just keep dosing and waiting. i wouldnt put anything in the tank. just let the bacteria do its thing. how long have you been cycling?

Ok I'll just relax about it even though it's killing me lol. I thought it would be shorter since I dosed ammo and didn't have to wait for that to spike naturally but I guess not.

Took water to Lfs to have is double checked with the same test results. He suggested a small 5 gallon water change to replenish trace elements incase that is stalling the cycle . Does that seem like the right thing to do?

a little water change wouldnt hurt, but i dont think it would help right now either. water change when you get nitrates off the chart. if your still running your skimmer. turn it off. macro algae? take it out. just my opinion

Yea I took the algae out and the skimmer I will turn off today . The water change I'll probably pass on . I just wanted another opinion on doing that as I didn't think It would do much as well.

Small update I checked my ph and trites today. Ph had dropped to 7.4 . Trites still 2.0 but lighter purple. I went down to the Lfs for 30 gallons of water and did a Pwc. Tests after a few hours read 8.2 ph no ammo 2 trites and trates have finally risen to 40 ppm. I think and hope this week will be the end .

Thanks twitch. I'm glad I tested the ph all last week . I just had the feeling something was going to happen with it. Also I got a small piece of live rock from petco this weekend . I looked it over for 20 minutes and it had no Apastasia so I took the risk.

Almost had progress today . Put my trite droppers in and it was blue . Shook it up turned to 1.0 ppm in 30 seconds . 5 minutes later it's 2.0 again. Close but no cigar . I would like to add ph is 8.1 so might have to do a water change in a few days if it goes down more

I know . Well i just got back from the Lfs to get more Nitrite drops. Does anyone know if API changed the color card or chemical ? The new colors are completely different than the one I had.

Trite test with new kit and chart shows between .5 and 1 ppm. I'm confused now I guess I'll go by the new kit .

Yesssss. Monday trites where 2.0 last night 1.0. This morning .5 and 9 hours later after work it's .25. Should be ready for fish tomorrow after a pwc.

im really glad you did that water change a while back. sounds like your about done... dose it back up to 4ppm ammo tonight, test in the morning tomorrow and your probably right about the fish.

Yea I dosed yesterday and Im doing a full round of tests now then I will dose again. Full test results are 8.2 ph 0 ammo .25 trites and the best of all trates are at 10 ppm. I did a 20 gallon Pwc yesterday as well and I put my cheato back in. The only reason I did another Pwc the ph was at 8 and since I go to the Lfs for my water I can only do 30 gallons at a time I need to do a few small ones instead of a real big one. It seems it did more good than bad though.

It's official now . Dosed last night . Test 8.2 ph 0 ammo 0 trites and trates 10 this morning . I have a less than 2 inch sailfin on hold at Lfs and I two inch dwarf zebra lion and a 5 inch porc puffer in my current tank . Is that too much to add them all today to the new one ?

Hondatek said:
It's official now . Dosed last night . Test 8.2 ph 0 ammo 0 trites and trates 10 tims morning . I have a less than 2 inch sailfin on hold at Lfs and I two inch dwarf zebra lion and a 5 inch porc puffer in my current tank . Is that too much to add them all today to the new one ?

Add the tang first wait a couple days

Back
Top Bottom