Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any particular reasoning behind that? I trust your judgement just curious. I'm guessing it's ick related just to make sure he is ok and not a bio load issue.

Add the tang first wait a couple days
i would think that because hes has been dosing 4ppm ammo daily he could add more than one fish a day.

4ppm ammo to nitrates as fast as he is is a big bioload. plus he has a big skimmer all broken in to help.

i may be wrong just what i thought.

Hondatek said:
That's why I'm thinking Ibrahim said that to watch for ich on the tang.

It's actually both. If your first fish is ok and doesn't break out with ich then you could add the two fish afterwards because it'd suck if you had all 3 fish die when it could've been only one. Also just to make sure you're stable on the bioload. But my opinion was mainly stress related.

Ok cool the Lfs has been letting me feed it nls for a little over a week and has it in it's own tank for me. I go everyday and he is a very healthy fish. I'll evaluate him once he is in my tank later today. If he eats in my tank right off the bat I may just add my fish as well. I'll just play it by ear for now.

Beyond happy. Little guy is going nuts in this big tank . The move from the Lfs doesnt seem to bother him at all.

Havent budged at all . Been testing two times a day . The tang and the lion are small so I didn't really expect them to change it much since I went thru 4ppm of ammo a day at the end of my cycle. The banner is maybe 3 to 4 inches so this is the true test. I honestly doubt I will have issues but I am ready if they show up. So if it holds like is has been hopefully I can move my puffer over in a few days.

Nice henatious I just picked one up myself. Also with adding those three u might wanna wait a week or a little more to move the puffer. The lion is a messy eater and the tank will grave on algae all day so they also mess a decent amt. I highly doubt adding the puffed will cause the numbers to move since the tank is large but just to be on safe side I would wait a solid week.

Thanks. It ate good this morning and found a spot in the tank . Parameters still the same this morning . I don't think I'm going to get a 5th fish for this tank even though I still would like a maroon clown or a powder brown tang.

Back
Top Bottom