Sniperhank's Red Sea S-series 500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hank what pattern is your deresa? Mines the striped and has probably grown almost 1.5-2" in the several months since I've gotten it. It's bleached a bit but here's mineIMG_0511.jpg

I think they were referring to it as a blue rimmed...though I don't think that is any reflection of it being a specific type of derasa...could be wrong on that.

By the way bribo, you still run AI's right? What do you run yours at? Curious since the hydras are different from my old radions. I'm not happy with how my color is popping.

I run one hydra 26 hd over a 20 gallon. I only run it at about 45% intensity over that tank as higher was bleaching my clam and poccilopora.

Me either...I won't be home from work until midnight.
Before I left for work, I turned up the blue and down on the white. It made things more pleasing on my end.
I think at the end of the day I secretly wish I had or knew someone who had a PAR meter so I could get an actual gauge on what was going on at sandbed level.

Real quick post. 700 dollars worth of coral going into the system. Traded all my ecotech equipment in. Pretty excited.
The store also had these guys and a massive black tang.
IMG_1009.jpg
IMG_1008.jpg

I was so excited when I saw the Pagoda. When I was a kid, my LFS had one in there for years. It was massive, until the place went downhill and it was killed off by hair algae as I was getting into the hobby. The thing was larger than a dinner plate. The polyps were like quarters. Here's hoping I can mimic it.

I saw a pretty nice one at the lfs last trip and it was impressive to see, and yours this last set of pics caught my eye.

What do they need light wise, and how long do their feeders come out? Not sure if I saw a price on it. What is a good price range for size? I think it was 3-4" 3.5" - vague memory.

Back
Top Bottom