angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You may want to attempt to remove the infertile eggs. I have no experience with actually caring for a spawn, because when mine were spawning I didn't have room to actually try to raise them.

from the few spawns I've had, the infertal ones didn't bother the fertile ones. I did a little research and a couple places said it would do more harm than good.

oh yeah. My bad. All the eggs turned white. I guess the male didn't fertilize any, or I killed the eggs somewhere along the way

Does anyone know yet why Angels love spawning on intake tubes??? Mine did that so many times.

Sorry I'm late to the thread but have you been able to sex them already? For two years I didn't realize I had two females. :(

Oh, why do you deny your Angels heritage and leave out Koi?

i have wigglers usually with my pair is fun to watch them try to protect them in tank but they usually give up and eat them also.

Technically mine are not Koi angels. They are gold marbles, they don't have the blushing gene. And yes, they are a sexed pair. They have different shaped breeding tubes. I think they like laying on the tubes because it's nice and vertical, there's also good water flow there.

well now my other pair is having their first spawn. They chose the heater of all things...sigh...I unplugged the heater and put in the one from my turtle tank. Hopefully I caught it in time so I won't have me some fried angelfish eggs...and as always...pictures.

spawn2006.jpg

That's the female taking a pass on the heater while hubby keeps watch

spawn2005.jpg

another pass

spawn2004.jpg

dad's fertilizing them

haha, yeah, I know it. I'm pretty sure my other pairs will be spawning soon too. My poor 29gal growout is going to be filled to the brim. lol

yeah, maybe a little bit of cash flow would be good. maybe I'll get brave and invest in some of those kordon breather bags and make an offering in the forum...maybe some on aquabid as well. If not I can always dump them at the LFS

and it's picture time. here we go

spawn2001.jpg

Mom and dad choosing a spot

spawn2002.jpg

Dad approves

spawn2003.jpg

dad's being a ham

spawn2005_1.jpg

dad telling me to go away

spawn2006_1.jpg

mom being a good mom

spawn2007.jpg

teamwork

If you are trying to get serious and succeed in breedeing angelfish, then let me give you some advise: eggs, on watever they are laid on, should be immediately removed after laid and fertilized to prepared container with clean water no deeper than 3-4", heater and with moderate (!) aeration and with methylene blue in it ( 3-5 drops of a 5% aqueous solution per gallon. Any egg turning white ( fungus) should be gently removed with a long, soft, plastic pipette. You can use plastic container for that purpose and float it on top of your fish tank. Hatch brine shrimp to be ready when the fry absorbs their yolk sacks and start free swimming.

Back
Top Bottom