black moor taking a beating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leehunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys my fancies have been.risky for the last week or so, my concerns are that my female blackmoor has taken a serious beating from my other 2 risky males.

They were all very small when.i purchased them about a year ago so it was hard yo try and sex them, however the fantail and oranda have push her around so much she has lost a lot of scales from.both the gravel and some ornaments.

I segregated her for a few days into a DIY isolation net and they seem.to lose interest and she was happy. But i have now.placed her back with them thinking they won't care now. But there on her all the time!!

Shall i let nature run.its course or remove her once more? Important treating her loss of scales with primafix and melafix and a little salt and she is happy. But i want return her so she has more space, its now turned cold here in UK and our heating is now on so that's probably contributed to the spawning cycle and important just concerns for her as with here sides have large bald white patches now!!? :-(

Any advice will be appreciated

IMO, separate them... males can bully her to death, I would also consider rehomig her or rehome the more aggressive male. Always keep more females than males...also what size tank are they in? What are you levels of ammo, nitrates, nitrites at? Do you have shading places for.her to hide?

Also moors should.only be housed with other moors or telescopes .. they are more less able to defend themselves and they.are slower.. in my opinion you are making her suffer

I have to agree here-seperate her or she will bullied to death by the males! I have black moors as well & keep seperate tanks for the males & females. My males even bully & beat up each other. The melafix/pimafix really isnt necessary. She will heal up on her own with healthy water & time. What size tank are they in?

Milly is all better now.

All her scars and scales have gone and she is happy, but i won't put her back in will those gang raping males

ForumRunner_20120102_215536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom