Cory Cat Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. So she's freaking huge, and they were all bundled together in the back chasing each other, and then just stopped. She has gotten close, but has never actually . . . latched on? IDK what to call it? The light is off. The only light entering my tank is from my dorm ceiling, which since the tank is on my desk under my bed, isn't much light. Enough that I can see what's going on, but not really all that much.

Is something wrong? Should I take out some water and add cold to it? I unplugged the heater for a while so it wouldn't make the water heat back up right away. I will definitely plug it back in before I go to bed or after they finally . . . get it on, unless someone tells me otherwise.

They went back to frantically sifting everything, walls, plants, the bottom of the filter, sand, it all. They are rather overly active still, but not going for it. What can I do?

My female always lays during the day usually around afternoon. Now that she's in my 55 community I've only seen her lay 1 time but they are probably eaten pretty quickly with her tank mates so I dunno.

She's still pacing the back of the tank. The others have gone to the cory corner. I turned the light back on after reading through this thread again. It was only off for about an hour and anyone who answered with when their corys laid their eggs said it was morning or afternoon, not night. I'm up for any suggestions. She's looking rather uncomfortable.

She's still pacing the back of the tank. The others have gone to the cory corner. I turned the light back on after reading through this thread again. It was only off for about an hour and anyone who answered with when their corys laid their eggs said it was morning or afternoon, not night. I'm up for any suggestions. She's looking rather uncomfortable.

Relax cory grandma :) she will lay when she's ready :)

Relax cory grandma :) she will lay when she's ready :)

Lol. I'm trying. I don't know how she's not ready. All she does is pace the back wall and get fatter by the hour. Poor thing can't sit. I'm gonna guess there will be eggs on that wall. She seems to like it very much. And as gross as it looks from pictures someone shared in another thread, when I was told I would have babies, I kinda wanna see them fertilize those eggs.

I just did a water change, a small one, more because the dead leaves on the sand and the litter box my fish made were bothering me. Temp went down, heater is plugged back in. She's circling the tank now, and the males are unable to decide what to do. Guess we'll wait and see. :popcorn:

Okay Bettagal, I always do my 50% pwc in the morning around the same time each time, then, my tank sits at about 76 degrees and the temp I put back in ends up making the tank 72, before I know it they are spawning.
Note: Today I caught them spawning and I hadn't did a wc and I caught them one other time so I don't think we always have to do pwc to trigger the spawn...she will do it eventually just keep water clean and feed good nutritional foods...pm me
btw I got 3 eggs today the rest I couldn't find

So I'll do daily water changes and make sure the water I put back in is a little colder than the tank. I'll feed them normally even though she seems to have gotten a cory cat form of the munchies. It wasn't a 50% water change. I just wanted to vacuum the nasties off the sand.

She's still hyper. She went over to the cory corner where they guys went and almost looks like she's hopping trying to get their attention. It's kinda funny.

My DG doesn't really like her hyperactivity. He keeps trying to nip at her, which he only does when someone drives him nuts. Should I still leave them all in there with him? He's normally peaceful, until something annoys him. I've had to stop him a few times. He doesn't like me pointing at him. Lol.

In my other tank, my red tail shark does not like my tiger barbs spawning and breaks it up each time I do not remove anyone because no damage is being done so ....lol ...that is a real sight to see......I would leave your DG there unless he becomes to aggressive...well I tried to upload a video of all 3 living cory fry (2 are really swimming when lights went out the other is resting) also there are 2 eggs in there from today (had to get rid of 1 was 3)..

Well, today she's fatter, poor thing looks uncomfortable being this big. The males keep going over to her but nothing has happened yet. I'll do another water change here soon. Maybe today we'll have some action?

I took the DG out because he was just chasing and trying to nip everyone. I stuck him in what will be the fry tank for now. Now the Cory cats can have their babies in peace. I'll take him back out before putting the eggs in.

Give her a day or three before you do a water change, she will know when the water conditions are perfect and if you do to many she may stress and not lay once her size seems to top out then try a water change.

Back
Top Bottom