Cory Cat Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would just put the dg back in and when she lays she lays...because you been waiting for awhile....once she does you be able to save a couple...mine have spawned at least 7 times since I had them with the 7th was today I only got to save 1 egg looks fertile not white...but I don't try to trigger the spawns anymore they are starting to get the idea and are doing it themselves...so put all inhabitants back in and let nature take its course just be on the look out for the T position and you will know they are mating then retrieve as many eggs as possible...good luck

Really quick if you can see it! Under the white nerite eggs. Brown egg looking thing. Done deal or false alarm? There's another little tannish dot on the skull cave, but I can't get a good picture of it on my phone I don't think. I can try it for you.

Really quick if you can see it! Under the white nerite eggs. Brown egg looking thing. Done deal or false alarm? There's another little tannish dot on the skull cave, but I can't get a good picture of it on my phone I don't think. I can try it for you.

Kinda looks like them

What happened was I just walked in from class, started to take of the coat and hat, get ready to call my grandma, as always, and noticed this brown egg. I've had countless nerite eggs all over everything, but they're white. Never seen a brown egg before, and I thought I read cory cat eggs were brown, or tannish, something like that. My female and I believe Lurch, though he's hiding his tail, so I can't be positive, have been hiding in the corner from me. They all are kinda chilling out right now. I missed the T shape if it happened, sadly (I know, fish perv), and wanna make sure before I get myself all excited that they did do it while I was in class and I'm looking at eggs. Any suggestions to figure it out? Any suggestions period are alright! Lol!

What happened was I just walked in from class, started to take of the coat and hat, get ready to call my grandma, as always, and noticed this brown egg. I've had countless nerite eggs all over everything, but they're white. Never seen a brown egg before, and I thought I read cory cat eggs were brown, or tannish, something like that. My female and I believe Lurch, though he's hiding his tail, so I can't be positive, have been hiding in the corner from me. They all are kinda chilling out right now. I missed the T shape if it happened, sadly (I know, fish perv), and wanna make sure before I get myself all excited that they did do it while I was in class and I'm looking at eggs. Any suggestions to figure it out? Any suggestions period are alright! Lol!

You could roll them out into the 3 gallon and find out... Before they all get eaten. The longer they sit the longer there 'glue' will have to harden

You could roll them out into the 3 gallon and find out... Before they all get eaten. The longer they sit the longer there 'glue' will have to harden

The pic isn't clear enough for me to say for sure especially if you have other eggs as well

So far I see two possible ones. I will guess any more were eaten, unless my momma somehow only laid two, which I highly doubt. I will continue searching after I fetch myself some food. If I find more and the glue is hard, what do I do? Torch will have to rejoin them, but he's on a power trip lately. He's getting rather violent, after eyes and gills. We get to play train the gourami! Lol.

Story of my fun:

Start getting the egg off the wall, see no more on the walls. It looks like I have only two eggs saved this time around. Well, better than none, I think. The one on the wall is kinda hard to scrape off, but it was feasible. I think I may have damaged that one, but we'll see.

Start on the one on the skull cave. It pops off with ease, but I can't hold onto the darn thing. I finally managed to pick up the cave and sort of dump the egg into the small container I was using, only to discover a ton of eggs in the cave! They were all over the edges of the holes! There was probably at least 10-15 on that small cave! So I got the clever idea that instead of fighting with catching them all, I would just put the cave into the fry tank with the eggs on it.

Put the container and the cave into the fry tank and start adjusting the main tank now that my DG has to go back into it. The banana plant had gotten in my way, and so I picked it up to move it only to discover more eggs! I could only see a few, but it is a banana plant. There's not much way to tell if any eggs are on deeper bananas. So I quickly pulled out the banana plant and stuck it in the fry tank.

As far as I can tell, the only eggs left in the tank are nerite eggs. If they're not, I'll either catch them later, or they'll get eaten. So at the moment, it looks like I have about 15-20 cory cat eggs in my fry tank, which I will have to take a turkey baster to now that Torch decided to show his hatred for that tank by leaving me a lovely crapton of crap.

So, now that I have fetched all the eggs I could find, everyone can throw out advice or wish me luck or anything they so desire. I will take it all. And I already have the magnifying glass to check on everyone. And it looks like momma is a little tired. Lol.

Ok. I've been fighting with this filter and air pump since I got it. For a while, it was fine. For some reason, the air pump is not strong enough to work the filter and the air tube I have in the tank. The air tube is going fine. The filter is hardly doing anything. I will go tomorrow and get a bigger air pump to work them both. Do you think everything will be fine until tomorrow when I can get to the store, or do I need to do something extra while the filter refuses to work?

Ok. I've been fighting with this filter and air pump since I got it. For a while, it was fine. For some reason, the air pump is not strong enough to work the filter and the air tube I have in the tank. The air tube is going fine. The filter is hardly doing anything. I will go tomorrow and get a bigger air pump to work them both. Do you think everything will be fine until tomorrow when I can get to the store, or do I need to do something extra while the filter refuses to work?

I think it will be fine till tomorrow

So just leave it? I asked in the general discussion hoping to get a fairly quick answer if I needed to hurry up and fix something. No extra water changes or anything?

It's less the 24 hours, not really sure if it would be better to just use the air line to run the filter or the air bubbler.

Back
Top Bottom