My GBRs laid eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luananeko

Aquarium Advice Addict
This came as a total surprise, as I only added 6 new German Blue Rams on Monday, but one of my pairs laid eggs today! So far the parents have been a great job shooing the other fish away, which is pretty impressive considering their tank mates... They've been standing up to my full grown three spot gourami, shooing away my overly curious dwarf chain loaches, and have even kept my dominant male GBR at bay!

Since I wasn't intending to breed them, I'm totally unprepared and am scrambling to research the potential babies' needs... I was scheduled to do my regular weekly 50% water change today, but given the central and mid-tank location they picked, I was going to delay that to avoid disturbing them... I've also stopped dosing my Flourish Excel and other plant ferts as I have no idea if they'd affect the eggs at all. I have a spare 6 gallon and 20 gallon long that I could set up as a nursery tank, but from what I'm reading it's best to leave them with the parents initially so long as they're doing their job.

Am I doing this right so far? Anyone have any other tips? In particular, what fry food do you recommend? So exciting :D !

Attachments

• 1531857_10202137278805913_122766878_o.jpg
    1531857_10202137278805913_122766878_o.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 70
Yes, let them exhorb their egg yoke, a couple of days after free swimming, before moving then. Use the 20L.

Back
Top Bottom