why can't i post a classified ad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MimiD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I keep getting a msg saying I'm Not authorized to post in the classified section... is that because I'm a new member who has not posted elsewhere yet? I'm not even trying to sell anything I'm actually just looking for a good home for two rescued Red Bellied Pacus.
Thanks So Much,
Mimi D.
MIMI DAWN PHOTOGRAPHY

Hi MimiD. We have a rule that only allows users that meet certain criteria to post in the classifieds. Here are the specifics.

Classifieds Posting Rules
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum; i.e. aquaria-related. Members who have been site members for 15 days AND who have 15 posts may use the classifieds section.

This is from the community rules page found here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

Thanks!

Oh okay I assumed it was something along those lines... thank you so much for your quick & helpful response though! I got a little ahead of myself... I'm really worried about my little rescued, foster Aqua-babies... Whom I have dubbed, Montana & Gustav... 2 BEAUTIFUL, Red Bellied Pacus Who certainly do not belong in my 40 gallon tank for any real amount of time... But even an aquarium won't take them. :(

I understand. Those things get huge, so it sounds like you are doing the right thing by trying to find a proper home. I know of some farms in south florida that take in fish, but if you aren't prepared to ship you may be better off finding someone local. And of course you are welcome to post in the classifieds once you meet the criteria. Welcome to the site :)

Someone got them at walmart and didn't realize that they need a HUGE tank... when I realize what they were I took them for my 40 gallon until I can find them a proper home. I don't know how to ship but I would be willing to research it and figure it out... I am pretty resourceful;)

... places like walmart or petsmart should never be allowed to even sell fish that size! It has been impossible to find him a new home and honestly I'll be sad to see them go they're quite the characters, very very very AWARE, And now I even have them hand tamed so that they can eat out of my hand and be pet! ... even with their super jaw's and creepishly human teeth! :)

Back
Top Bottom