10 gal eclipse planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supaoopa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my most recent tank setup. Its a new ten gal tank with and eclipse 1 filtration hood. Hood was originally of a 12 gallon eclipse kit but it leaked and i was able to buy the hood for cheap.

Inital setup:

10 gal tank
Eclipse 1 hood
eco- complete plant substrate
50 watt Visi-thermal stealth heater
Nutrafin co2 canister w/ ladder diffuser

upgrades/mod's

Ahsupply 36 watt CF bright kit w/ custom box for ballast
fluval 203/204 sponge on stripped cartridge with bio-max media

What it looked like this month...

IMG_3445.sized.jpg

stock:
4 cardinal tetras
2 gold dust molly fry
2 black molly fry
2 guppies
12 amano shrimp
1 otocinclus

Did all that grow in 3 months or was it that heavily planted from the first? Very lush looking.

what plant is it carpeting the gravel? I want that look, but I'm not sure how to get there.

looks like marisela. Very nice!! Show that to anyone who says small tanks aren't worth keeping!

Very, very nice! It is an impressive display for a relatively small tank, and it appears to be very carefully groomed. Great job! :D

update. Had to trim it and take out some of the glosso because i was having a big staghorn algea outbreak. Its now starting to grow in and look good again so here is what the tank currently looks like. :lol:

IMG_3546.sized.jpg

IMG_3547.sized.jpg

on your CO2 with ladder. i just bought one. does it take awhile for the bubble to get out of the tube to the ladder or is mine setting wrong in my tank? Again GREAT TANK.

zilla - I'll give you my two cents on the CO2 ladder, since I have used these often. If the ladder is level in the tank but no bubbles are coming out, then you have a leak of your CO2 gas somewhere or your mix is not producing. It can take up to 24 hours to get rocking but usually it starts much sooner than that, even just a few hours. It is easy to kill the yeast and not get any CO2 going, or not use warm enough water to activate the yeast so maybe re-do your mixture, or just give it a little more time.

If a bubble comes out but it does not travel up the ladder, escaping to the surface, then the hose fitting is not in the ladder correctly or the ladder is tilted to one side or the other.

Haven't updated in a while...

Here's a pic after going being gone and away for more then a week with out tending to the riccia. :x

IMG_4019.sized.jpg

The riccia from the bottom broke away from the fishing line and can be seen floating in the rear corner of the tank. The riccia thats left on the main piece of drift wood (with the moss that has exploded with growth) is hanging on by a tiny tread of riccia and ready to make a big mess. :lol:

IMG_4036.sized.jpg

Here's a shot of it today after a quick clean up. The foreground was recently planted with H.C., but it grows soooo slowly that it will be a couple of weeks before i start gettin a nice foreground going. The rest of the plants are doing great and starting to fill in. :D

just out of curiosity what was your foreground planted with in the first couple of pictures, because right now im on the hunt for the perfect foreground plant for my 55g thanks.

Wow I need some plants that spread like that, I really love that look. lol I got some stuff but its not growing :(....still its only been about a week since I got it.

Back
Top Bottom