10 gallon build/stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some nano fish to consider are ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, dwarf gourami, scarlet badis, pygmy sunfish, or a dwarf puffer. You could also try a few platys.
We have given you a a whole bunch of ideas. Everything I already listed was an idea of a colorful species that would fit in your tank.
People also suggested endler's and guppies. There are also tiny killifish and chili rasbora.

absolutangel04 said:
We have given you a a whole bunch of ideas. Everything I already listed was an idea of a colorful species that would fit in your tank.
People also suggested endler's and guppies. There are also tiny killifish and chili rasbora.

I agree. Almost all ideas possible have been given, and these people are just trying to help out.

Yes, but when one tries to read all posts it gets hard on the brain constantly having to attempt to translate what others write. And it gets old fast.........

maxwellag said:
Its not that big of a deal that they said uv instead of you've. Leave it to the moderators.

It is a big deal, because if I am reading a post and see "uv", I am going to assume they are referring to ultraviolet light. I know there is a forum list of approved abbreviations like "LFS" for local fish store, which is fine. It is important to be as clear as possible and spell out words so everyone can understand. There may also be people from other language backgrounds, and I imagine using text talk and abbreviations would be confusing for them as well.
Just my opinion....

I'm now thinking of making it a community tank,ideas???

I don't think you're quite understanding...

You have loads of information on this thread. You're wanting what you can't have in a small tank, which is lots of big fish. A "community" just means different types of fish in one tank, and they've already told you what will work.

zacheyp said:

You already have been given tons of options, but I will just say this:
Imo you could probably only do a small school or two of something small. If you wanted a community you would have to get something small and not potentially agressive, like guppies, platies, tetras, and maybe some corydora catish. Just to clarify, I am not saying that you could put all those in one tank. I meant that those are some species options for you. If you did put cory catfish in there, I'd say maximum three, and then only one other school. You probably coule add some shrimp or snails in addition.

10 gal chiclids

what types of chiclids can i get in a 10 gal and what could i put in with them?

You could keep a small group of Neolamprologus multifasciatus. They are a Tanganyikan shell dwelling species that max out at about 1.5 inch and they are peaceful enough to be kept in a 10 gallon. Don't keep any other fish with them.

I have tried Lamprologus ocellatus in a 10 gallon and they seemed more aggressive than the multi's, so I would not recommend them for a 10 again.

could i get 1 pleco
1 dwarf groumis
5 schooling fish

zacheyp said:
could i get 1 pleco
1 dwarf groumis
5 schooling fish

Depends on the kind of pleco... common plecos get really big for a ten gallon, so I would say no. Other types don't get as big, but it depends on what you have available.

Back
Top Bottom