10 gallon cichlid breeding tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon tank with NOTHING in it. I want to keep breeding African Cichlids that will stay small enough to keep in a 10 gallon. Any suggestions would be great.
Neolamprologus?
Julidochromis?
Thanks,
Fishstixs05 :D

I would say not a good Idea, you could put the fry in the 10 gallon after they are born. Just that the males grow to 5 inchs and that probley wouldn't workout to nicly.

Good luck.

Chris.

If you are looking at breeding africans, I would suggest may be a 20G as a minimum, but chrismac is right, it would be too small for all of them.

Nah you don't want to breed convicts, IMHO (I think I got the right one :oops:), they breed like rabbits and from my experience they are hard to get rid of.

YES!!

There are cichlids that you can successfully raise and keep in a ten gallon aquarium. Although it would only be one pair, you could keep Shell Dwellers! I love these little guys. I have 3 pairs in a 30 gallon long species tank. All you need is a basic tank setup with a sand substrate and some apple snail shells. THey may be difficult to locate in your area though.... but try!

BKtomodachi

You can easily keep a small group (four or five) of L. multifasciatus in a ten gallon tank. Set ups are easy: a sand substrate and 2 or 3 empty shells per fish (I use golden turbo snail shells). Not as flashy as the other African cichlids but their behaviour is amazing to watch! :D

Back
Top Bottom