10 gallon Endlers Livebearers Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm finally setting up my 10 gallon tank, and I've decided on an Endlers Livebearers tank. For those who are unfamiliar with them, they are small fish that are close relations of the guppy. The males are very colorful and pretty.

A man who lives about 20 minutes away from me is going out of the hobby, and he is selling all of his stuff. He said I could have some of his fish before another person takes the tank and all other accesories on Friday.

The tank is 10 gallons. I am using a pool filter sand substrate. I'll probably go lightly planted, with java moss and java fern for the fry to hide in.

First order of business, cleaning the sand and tank. I'll post some pictures soon.

Tropical said:
First order of business, cleaning the sand and tank. I'll post some pictures soon.

Cool! How many endlers are you getting? You know the male/female ratio right?

Cool! How many endlers are you getting? You know the male/female ratio right?

I was thinking 2 males and 3 females, but he said it's hard to get specific fish out, so he'll just get me a net full.

I'm super excited for this project. I'm 10 minutes in and I already wonder why I used gravel instead of sand for my 20g. The sand looks pretty good IMO. Here are some pics. The first is just the bucket with the sand, the second is the tank with the sand and a few inches of water, the third is another of the tank with sand.

Attachments

• fish sand bucket.jpg
    fish sand bucket.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Fish tank sand no water.jpg
    Fish tank sand no water.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Fish sand hand.jpg
    Fish sand hand.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 203
Tropical said:
I was thinking 2 males and 3 females, but he said it's hard to get specific fish out, so he'll just get me a net full.

I'm super excited for this project. I'm 10 minutes in and I already wonder why I used gravel instead of sand for my 20g. The sand looks pretty good IMO. Here are some pics. The first is just the bucket with the sand, the second is the tank with the sand and a few inches of water, the third is another of the tank with sand.

Alright, well, 1 male to every 3 females is best, but we'll see what you get. :)

The tank is full. I put a fake plant and a rock from my other tank just to spice things up. Hopefully I'm getting some breeder boxes, some java moss/fern, and some new light bulbs tomorrow.

Attachments

• Tank full 1.jpg
    Tank full 1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 180
Thanks :) It's not much, but hopefully it will start to look like some of the amazing tanks here at AA with some time and effort.

Hopefully live plants. It will be my first live plant set up, so I'm going to keep it simple with java moss, java ferns, anubias, things like that. I don't want it too dense because I want to be able to find the fry, but I would still like a nice, natural looking tank.

Tank is looking really good we wanted to get some endlers for my wives tank but we couldn't find any around these parts and I'm not to big on ordering online.

I'm in Pennsylvania, I'd be willing to ship some when they are old enough if you are interested. It may be a while though, at least a month.

Back
Top Bottom