10 Gallon FOWLR Stocking Options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay jacks here!!!!!! Lol. Since it won't be summer you could set the tank up with just the heater for now. Just make sure you get it before summer!

I just found one that originally sells for 150, but the website has it marked down to 109. Knowing my luck, when I have enough money to get that, it'll be at, like, 200 bucks.

Okay. By the time I have the other stuff to start the tank, it'll be cooling down anyway. So maybe I won't have to wait for Christmas. XD

In fish keeping im actually pretty patient for some reason... Because in my other hobbies/activities im not patient at all. Lol i will save up for something even i it takes me 10 years... Just that way :)

Good luck getting a chiller... Im getting a 1/10th jbj chiller with controller sometime soon... :D

Lol, the only thing I'm patient with is my horse... I need to get more patient... XD

I don't remember what the chiller I was looking at was. Good thing I remembered to bookmark it on my iPod. XD

I have decided that chillers confuse me... It probably doesn't help that I'm trying to make sense of what the websites are saying while I'm tired... XD lol

Bettababe1011 said:
I have decided that chillers confuse me... It probably doesn't help that I'm trying to make sense of what the websites are saying while I'm tired... XD lol

Lol dont worry, i almost cried when i read the manual for installing a chiller to the RedSeaMax...lol jk. But seriously, i was scared until i realized all you need is a chiller with controller, and some flexible plastic tubing. Thats basically it!!

Sounds likt your room can get really hot. While a chiller will be necessary in the long run, we are all aboutthe same age here, an if theres one thing we have in common-its money issues...lol.

Here are some tips to keeping your tank cool!

Fans-walmart has clip on fans that will be great for cooling down the lights/tank.

Ice bags-pretty straight forward. Bags of ice in the freezer for emergency situations!

Ro/di ice cubes-i like to make ice cubes of rodi that i can pop in when the tank is hot

Different light scheduales-turn off lights durig the hottest part of the day. Instead of 9am-4pm, try 4pm-11pm. I know this tank is in your room, so if you go to bed early this isnt the suggestion for you!

A/C-i dont know about your house, but simply if you keep your A/C lower that would benefit your tank too

Thanks for the tips! I'll try that when I get the tank set up. And going to bed early isn't an issue. XD it's almost 12:30 right now, and I'm not going to bed any time soon. XD

I would nix the firefish. They get too big IMO. I would go for a goby/shrimp pair, one blue legged hermit (or scarlet, or my favorite- a zebra leg), two peppermint shrimp, and maybe a pygmy wrasse if you want to spend the money on it. Once, and if, you decide to add corals, there's tons of options there too!

Are you talking about the Tanaka's Pygmy wrasse? Those are very cool fish... So, would the firefish be too big? I've seen several sites that recommend a 10 gallon for the minimum...

I like the deep red coloring of the white banded possum wrasse. I might get that instead of a firefish...

Yeah, I found that page. :) I'm leaning toward the white banded... But I'm not sure. It's so hard to choose!

If you have amazing filtration get the wrasse, firefish and the goby, but you'll need some good filtering!!!

Back
Top Bottom