10 Gallon Planted Project Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks very good,

id move the back peece of driftwood to a diferent angle, just becuase i cant see it in the picture past the first peece.

will look even better with the moss and crypt :D

Keep in mind that hornwort does not root, and will eventually rot where the stems are in the substrate. A better option for what you are trying to do would be Limnophilia(sp) sessiflora, which does root and spreads by runner, while having a similar look. It does well in low to moderate light.

Keep in mind that hornwort does not root, and will eventually rot where the stems are in the substrate. A better option for what you are trying to do would be Limnophilia(sp) sessiflora, which does root and spreads by runner, while having a similar look. It does well in low to moderate light.

Thanks but this is working fine for me. Everyone week or so I just trim the tops and re plant them, it was just in like a fourth of the side and now it's at three/fourths so it's doing fine. Thanks for the suggestion thought i'll think of that for my next project.

Well some updates are here.

Recently i've had a run into some ich. It got on my brand in GBR and seems like it came fast. One day it was nothing, next she was covered. Now of the other fish got it though so i'm confused. Anyways, i've been doing the heat treatment and i'm on day 3 of that crap. In the process one otto died and the other disappeared (just thinking he died as well.) So that's kinda suckish so I got no cleaning crew now.

Also hornwort in some places is lookin' nice and green. Others it looks brownish, darker green, and some places black.

Javafern is doing better now since i've added the DIY Co2. (1 bubble every 3 secs.) Feed it directly into my filter intake so it gets into the tank evenly.

Javamoss and C. wendtii should get here next wed.

Besides everything seems all good.

Quick question if anyone sees this. Why hasn't my little pleco grown like at all, i've had him for months and months and he just hasn't grown at all. Confused. Why isn't he growing?

good to hear (except for ick). What kind of pleco is he and how big is he currently?

I was told he was a BN pleco but don't know for sure and he is only like and 1inch or a little bigger but not big at all.

Here is a pic of him (Not super recent because he hides more now and doesn't come out.)

17182-albums140-picture912.jpg

BN plecos are very small usually under 4" at max size. Maybe he's just a slow grower or you were hit with a small one. That might be his max size. i dont think there is anything wrong with him. he's just small.

Well heres the update. Fish wise, 2 red-eyed tetras, 2 ottos, and 1 of my GBR died in the heat treatment for ich. So now i'm stock is 3 red-eyed tetras, 2 neon tetras, 1 GBR, 1 BN pleco, and like 8ish molly fry (just threw them in there for now.) I'm hoping to get some shrimp for the plant cleaning and some more ottos for the algae problem. (You can see the algae is the pictures, BN pleco is being lazy and not doing a good job :D).

Well I did get new plants today thanks to jase a.k.a jrp1588. I got some JavaMoss, C. Wendtii, and actually a little bit more JavaFern.

If you gots got any suggestions on placement of anything please tell me. I don't think it's very good.

Well here are the pics.

10 Gallon Planted Project (Nov. 26th 2008).jpg
10 Gallon Planted Project JavaFern (Nov. 26th 2008).jpg
10 Gallon Planted Project JavaMoss (Nov. 26th 2008).jpg
10 Gallon Planted Project JavaMoss on Driftwood (Nov. 26th 2008).jpg

Well here is whats going on. I rescaped a little, so if you guys have anything to say if you think it would look better changed just tell me.

I moved the hornwort back for a background, the javamoss is tied down to the driftwood. Javafern and crypt wendtii in the same place as last time.

My stock includes
3 Red-eyed Tetras
3 Neon Tetras
8 Molly fry (Getting removed soonish.)
1 GBR (Getting 3 more then moving them to a 20gallon Long)
1 Bamboo Shrimp (NEW!)
2 Ottos (NEW!)
1 Snail (Don't know what kind. I randomly found him in a tank that has no heater or filter and has been taken down for a long time, jsut has cold water in it.)

Picture time!

10 Gallon Planted Project (Rescaped) Nov. 29, 2008).jpg

Bamboo Shrimp Nov. 29, 2008).jpg

If you have any suggestions on re-aquascaping please let me know.

sorry bout GBR. Y did u only get 1 bamboo shrimp? Didn't u have 20 or so mollie fry? I thought you already had ottos? Am i thinkin about a different tank?

sorry bout GBR. Y did u only get 1 bamboo shrimp? Didn't u have 20 or so mollie fry? I thought you already had ottos? Am i thinkin about a different tank?

Well the bamboo shrimp get fairly large and two of em would be to much for the tank. I only have like 8 of the fry in the 10 and got around 15 of em in my 55 and 3 other ones in a breeder 5 gallon. I did have two ottos in the tank but died from the heat treatment for my ich.

oh ok now it all makes since. sorry but for all the Qs but i was thinking what the he11 this guy killed all those fish over night!!!

Back
Top Bottom