10 Gallon Planted Project Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its alright. soon when i get into fish i will probably use most of the fry as part of my bigger fish diet. probably even a couple i have now for my 6" oscar if he will go afterthem they are so small.

Yeah I might end up having to feed some of my smaller ones to my cichlids, I just don't want them and no one will take them, plus the lfs has about 4 tanks full of em so they don't need em either.

I gave lots of molly, guppy, swordtail, ... away. gave them to friends, my neibors and sold them on craiglist !!
I would use a hard tube for co2. and use lighter to bend it so you can put it near the intake

how do you have mollie fry when i cant even find any info on you having adult mollies? Do you havee any pics? youcan take your timee cause i'm leaving in about an hour and wont be back till tommorow afternoon.

how do you have mollie fry when i cant even find any info on you having adult mollies? Do you havee any pics? youcan take your timee cause i'm leaving in about an hour and wont be back till tommorow afternoon.

Well the adult mollies both died actually, when the fry were born it was months until I found this forum.

for aquascaping how about leting something grow on top of the top of the piece of drift wood i think it would look nice. and maybe a couple of flat stone to place wherever

Updates!!

Well i've rescaped ALOT since last time. I've moved the hornwort so it's more evenly lined up across the back. I have added a black cloth background. I have removed a peice of driftwood and rearranged the two other pieces. None of these other plants have changed places yet. I have added a DIY Co2 Diffuser. All I did was run tubing from the DIY Co2 Reactor into a cut bottle, put an airstone at the end of it, and the bubbles go to the top of the bottle and slowly disolve in the water. It works great and cost me nothing to build it.

A lot of smaller plants and quite a bit of java moss was moved into my 5 gallon because i'm going to start planting that one. Right now i'm just letting the plants grow out in it in random places to get good light. After they grow out a bit I will do some aquascaping. I will be making a new thread for my 5 gallon sometime.

Pictures will be up tmorrow so just hang on til' then. :D

Update Picture Time.

Picture time!!

These are all the pictures for the updates made in my last post above.

Newer updates, split some of my C. Wendtii, going to soon spilt some of my JavaFern.

17182-albums317-picture1993.jpg

Over Look

17182-albums317-picture1989.jpg

My new Co2 Diffuser, getting a new bottle that doesn't have so many "test" holes. Lol

17182-albums317-picture1990.jpg

Rearranged driftwood, took the tieing off and is now rooted to the driftwood, just waiting for it to spread.
Also you notice a piece of C. Wendtii I split from the original piece

17182-albums317-picture1988.jpg

The original piece of C. Wendtii,

17182-albums317-picture1991.jpg

No more bushy hornwort, it's now a wall sort of.

17182-albums317-picture1992.jpg

The JavaFern Corner, going to spread it out more soon.

Going to get some new plants soon, hoping to get some dwarf onion or something new atleast, getting bored of these same plants. :D

Please post replies of what you think. :cool:

Well I looked at my tank today and thought that my "JavaFern Corner" looked kinda bad. So what I did was I took both of the smaller plants of javafern and put them in my DW. (Pics are Below.) I also got a new bottle with less holes for my DIY Co2 Generator and Co2 Diffuser. (Pics below).

Also the Co2 Diffuser and generator that I have made is being moved to my 5 gallon tank because a very friendly person I know, (elwaine), is donating to me a Hagen Co2 System with Ladder Diffuser. (Thank you again a lot. :D)

Well here are the pics. :D!

17182-albums317-picture2011.jpg

New Bottle DIY Diffuser (moving to 5 Gallon)

17182-albums317-picture2009.jpg

JavaFern in Driftwood(1)

17182-albums317-picture2010.jpg

JavaFern in Driftwood(2)

You're welcome :)

The Java fern will do well now that you've got it on DW. Microsorum shouldn't be planted in the substrate 'cause the rhizome will rot.

You're doing a good job!

Back
Top Bottom