10 Gallon Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allaboutfish said:
slap him it's the answer to everything jk!! just tell him about this stuff and tell his child that his dady is trying to kill the little fish!

I can't tell Gabe that. You don't tell a three year old that his daddy is killing a fish... Gabe won't eat candy with a face because he doesn't want to hurt it. I can't tell him that. Plus, Jake would never let me see Gabe again.

And if I slap Jake, he'll slap me back.

Wow..he likes them SO much that he just has to have one but he won't take proper care of it? Grr..how frustrating..I'm sorry :(

siva said:
Wow..he likes them SO much that he just has to have one but he won't take proper care of it? Grr..how frustrating..I'm sorry :(

Wait who? My brother? He doesn't like fish. I think he got it just because Gabe likes Aunt Kota's guppies.

I'm Aunt Kota, and the guppies are the only fish name Gabe knows, so he calls them all guppies. I'm teaching him young. He almost has zebra danios down. Then I'll teach him peppered Cory and panda Cory. And bristlenose plecostomus. Lol.

Oh just because you said he would get another one so I thought he must really like them. Maybe you can save up and get Gabe a 5 gal for his birthday or something ;)

siva said:
Oh just because you said he would get another one so I thought he must really like them. Maybe you can save up and get Gabe a 5 gal for his birthday or something ;)

I'd have to ask my mom. All of my money is going towards my biocube build for my first saltwater tank.

I really would like to do that. And then show Jake and Gabe how to properly care for it!!!!!!!!

That would be cool. Maybe you could find a peice of decor from a show he likes or something to really get his interest. I did a spongebob tank for my kids :)

siva said:
That would be cool. Maybe you could find a peice of decor from a show he likes or something to really get his interest. I did a spongebob tank for my kids :)

Oh, yeah. That'd be cool. Of course, it all depends on my mom. :| Don't have much hope of her paying for it actually.

Oh, and his birthday is in February. Almost a year away...

Hey! What about the old 10 gallon you put in storage? You could help gabe cycle it, and he could have a betta or guppies of his very own!

Homedog98 said:
Hey! What about the old 10 gallon you put in storage? You could help gabe cycle it, and he could have a betta or guppies of his very own!

... What ten gallon? The one gallon you mean? That I'm using for a shrimp tank? It has less room that the bowl...

Oh. Thought that was a ten... My bad. :( well... 10 gallons are 10 bucks at wal-mart. Just do that, get a filter, heater, some gravel, and let him pick out some decor and fishes and you'll be set! It's a good side project. I go with jars when saving for multiple things.

Homedog98 said:
Oh. Thought that was a ten... My bad. :( well... 10 gallons are 10 bucks at wal-mart. Just do that, get a filter, heater, some gravel, and let him pick out some decor and fishes and you'll be set! It's a good side project. I go with jars when saving for multiple things.

I can't even afford an empty ten gallon. And then gravel and filter, it'd be cheaper to get a kit. I'll figure something out. Or maybe it just won't happen.

But this is going off topic. Maybe. It is still about female bettas?

Hey... As long as we're talking about stocking ten gallons... I think We're fine. But ya.... Betta sorority... You have to buy this one yourself I guess?

Betta, slap your bro', he deserves it (and knows it). He would surely be impressed if you offered your expertise for his funding of the gear. All this for the best interest of the fish and your little Nephew, you can't go wrong (niether can he), and you can 'coach' another aquarium enthusiast :)
Now you have not one, but two 10g projects (even bigger smiley face) and a really good reason to visit family too.

AquaOne said:
Betta, slap your bro', he deserves it (and knows it). He would surely be impressed if you offered your expertise for his funding of the gear. All this for the best interest of the fish and your little Nephew, you can't go wrong (niether can he), and you can 'coach' another aquarium enthusiast :)
Now you have not one, but two 10g projects (even bigger smiley face) and a really good reason to visit family too.

Well, he does deserve a slap. He's become a jerk ever since he started going to DMACC. He acts like he's a graduated Harvard student or something! Argh!

I'll talk to him about it. They don't really have money to spare for something he thinks is unnecessary.

My tank is actually going to be at dads. He's paying I think. If it ends up I have to pay, I'm canceling my plans. All of my money goes to the biocube. I can't really save three hundred for a Betta sorority, and then another thousand for the biocube. It would take me like five years. I'm not that patient.

After several months with my betta sorority, I'm thinking of splitting them up. All of the sudden they've started picking at eachother again. One girl has some nipped fins. No one has done that since the first week. I added another tall plant and some floating plants..I don't know though. It's a little soul crushing (pardon the melodrama) because I really had my heart set on seeing six beautiful females swimming around in one tank. Maybe a tank upgrade is all they need. But I'm starting to just think they would be happier without the presence of another betta. Sigh.

My personal favorite thing to do with a 10 gal is a nano community. I would do 4-6 corydoras hasbrosus and 6 micro rasbora with either 6 ember tetras or 6 celestial pearl danios...or 3 scarlet badis.

If you're going for easier to find fish, you could do 5 kuhli loaches and 1 dwarf gourami with 4 guppies or 3 platties.

CPO's make a nice addition to 10 gal tanks. If you haven't seen them, they are dwarf crayfish that are usually bright orange and max out at 2.5".

siva said:
After several months with my betta sorority, I'm thinking of splitting them up. All of the sudden they've started picking at eachother again. One girl has some nipped fins. No one has done that since the first week. I added another tall plant and some floating plants..I don't know though. It's a little soul crushing (pardon the melodrama) because I really had my heart set on seeing six beautiful females swimming around in one tank. Maybe a tank upgrade is all they need. But I'm starting to just think they would be happier without the presence of another betta. Sigh.

My personal favorite thing to do with a 10 gal is a nano community. I would do 4-6 corydoras hasbrosus and 6 micro rasbora with either 6 ember tetras or 6 celestial pearl danios...or 3 scarlet badis.

If you're going for easier to find fish, you could do 5 kuhli loaches and 1 dwarf gourami with 4 guppies or 3 platties.

CPO's make a nice addition to 10 gal tanks. If you haven't seen them, they are dwarf crayfish that are usually bright orange and max out at 2.5".

Well, my dad is paying, but he won't pay shipping. So I'm limited to EarlMay and petsmart. Maybe Petco.

I'm kinda liking the idea of a male guppy and like four females. But before I did that I'd have to see if any places around me could take them.

Do all live bearers breed as fast as guppies? How fast do platys breed? And don't worry, I know mollies are out of the question.

Any cichlids in a ten gallon? Do they all get too big? I'm assuming they're out of the question.

I've heard something about shell dwelling cichlids possibly working in 10 gals..I'm not sure though..I would PM severum mama on that one.

I wouldn't do 4 females, personally. I've seen several 3" guppy females lately...they were very thick too. I'm sure their bio-load would be massive.

Yes it appears anytime you have a male and female livebearer it's a just add water type situation..poof..babies ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom