10 Gallon Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
I've heard something about shell dwelling cichlids possibly working in 10 gals..I'm not sure though..I would PM severum mama on that one.

I wouldn't do 4 females, personally. I've seen several 3" guppy females lately...they were very thick too. I'm sure their bio-load would be massive.

Yes it appears anytime you have a male and female livebearer it's a just add water type situation..poof..babies ;)

I have to at least have three females though. I know that. Or else the females will be pretty harassed. The only part of raising fry that makes me think twice is the culling. I can't even squish a pondsnail!

Let the parents do the culling, or add them to another tank as food source!

Joyler said:
Let the parents do the culling, or add them to another tank as food source!

.........:'(

My parents won't do the culling. They won't care enough to. And I can't bear to have them be eaten. So I guess I'll just have to deal with.

I feel like they have a right to life too, but I can't keep all of the deformed ones, especially when it could mess with the quality of their life, and I can't sell them...

So you decided your are definitely not going to do a sorority then?

That would be my advice. I've decided today that I'm going to split mine up. I say choking back tears. No not really..but it really stinks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom