10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The water line is dictated by the black overflow box that is siliconed to the inside of the tank. I think BRS has a video showing how to do the whole thing. Very useful! It's the best way to go by far.

I love the look and function of a 20 long.

Yeah I just haven't decided what I want to do. I found a nice looking 30 gallon salt water setup with sand and rock for 300 but I don't think it is worth that much.

Yeah I just haven't decided what I want to do. I found a nice looking 30 gallon salt water setup with sand and rock for 300 but I don't think it is worth that much.

It sounds like a good deal to me! I saw a 40 gallon bowfront sw setup go for $700 last week.

it is a 30 gallon with live rock and sand and a filter and a regular all glass brand lid and light

Do you know what kind of lights? How many lbs of rock? Any livestock? Depending on those it may be worth it.

He said it has 50lbs of rock and 30 sand no livestock I'm guessing just regular t8 light

I have a T8 and a couple of coralife compact fluorescent on my 10 gallon and I would like to make them better. Are you if you're wanting to do FOWLR, it may be worth it considering it has the rock and everything. If you're wanting corals or still want an anemone then you're going to have to update the lights. You should ask for specifics about the lights or pictures of the bulbs and/or fixture. Then you should definitely try to haggle and talk him down.

Ok found another one
30 gallon bow front
Tank, light, protein skimmer, bio filter, sand, dried live rock
Pic looks a little rough but its a start
They are asking 250 obo he is leaving for the military Monday
I told him I had 150

3E63Jf3Ne5Fb5Ja5Mccc4944c315851b6182e.jpg

Ok found another one
30 gallon bow front
Tank, light, protein skimmer, bio filter, sand, dried live rock
Pic looks a little rough but its a start
They are asking 250 obo he is leaving for the military Monday
I told him I had 150

It does look a little rough. But not anything a little cleaning won't take care of. Heck of a deal if everything works.

HOBs are actually VERY BENEFICIAL in a 10g saltwater to get the water moving- anything that is below 40g can have modified high output HOBs instead of canisters- this is coming from personal experience.... The only thing is you will need a water circulator/ powerhead and at least 3 to 4X the filtration. Lots of live rock too. Oh, and put a mesh screen on your intake tube on your filter or you will have to clean sand and salt out EVERY day.

Ok heard back I'm getting it for 150 comes with heater and power head also says even had salt guage and all I need is salt Ph balance and cycling stuff. It is drained so the live rock is dried out

so its a 30 gallon bow front
Bio filter
Protein skimmer
powerhead
Heater
Rock and sand
Salinity guage
Not sure what type of light

pretty good deal for 150$ I think

Ok I have a couple questions now. He said all I need is salt and Ph balance and cycling stuff. What should I get

And everything in the picture looked covered in algae and he drained it so how should I clean everything before setting it up?

Yep, rinse out and scrub the sand, tank, filters, pumps and rock in water. You can get a buffer if you need it (I like Kent Superbuffer) but that can wait. All you need to cycle a saltwater tank is an uncooked shrimp. I'd get a book like the Idiots Guid to Mini Reefs. Having a real book on hand is indispensable.

Back
Top Bottom