10g fowlr help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!

So I have another question about a powerhead.

I'm looking at the Hydor Koralia nano water circulation pump and I was wondering if I should get 240 GPH or 425 GPH. The 425 is only a few dollars more.

Thanks!

So I have another question about a powerhead.

I'm looking at the Hydor Koralia nano water circulation pump and I was wondering if I should get 240 GPH or 425 GPH. The 425 is only a few dollars more.

Well somebody said they're running 240 on their 25g. And I actually don't know what the math is for good circulation. I do know that that's a great PH brand. I'd say though that too much circulation could be disruptive to your substrate & maybe rough on the animals in a tight space. Let's see what somebody else w/ more experience says...

Well somebody said they're running 240 on their 25g. And I actually don't know what the math is for good circulation. I do know that that's a great PH brand. I'd say though that too much circulation could be disruptive to your substrate & maybe rough on the animals in a tight space. Let's see what somebody else w/ more experience says...

If your moving your substrate across the bottom, then you have to much flow. That's my 25 g, but I'm also running a hob filter that's rated for a 60 g tank and i have many different corals and they do great. These animals get battered by waves and currents that we have no nope to recreate, so they can stand heavy flow. I think that powerhead will be fine.

THE TANK IS FINALLY UP AND RUNNING WOOHOO!

I went with live sand

I have 3 pieces of small live rock and one large piece from Petco.

I decided to go with a 160 GPH Powerhead as I think the other one would have been over kill. I'm just waiting for the tank to clear up now :)

Now that the tanks running keys discus stock again! Lol :)

I'm very interested in damselfish now as I've seen some people keep them in 10 gals on YouTube.

I also like the idea of 2 clowns and maybe a neon goby or 2.

Firefish gobys also catch my eye!

I know I can only have 2 maybe 3 fish at max so would someone please help me decide lol!!

Now that the tanks running keys discus stock again! Lol :)

I'm very interested in damselfish now as I've seen some people keep them in 10 gals on YouTube.

I also like the idea of 2 clowns and maybe a neon goby or 2.

Firefish gobys also catch my eye!

I know I can only have 2 maybe 3 fish at max so would someone please help me decide lol!!

I'll help :)
You could do 2 clowns max
Or a damsel and a yellow watch man goby
Or 2 neon gobies and a firefish
You could also go with a Tanka's Pygmy wrasse an 2 neons

IMao neons only grow an inch to an inch an a half so that's why I'm saying you could have 2

Could I possibly do

1 clown
1 damsel
1 neon

That would be awesome! :)

So the clown wouldn't be able to hold his own with a damselfish?

So the clown wouldn't be able to hold his own with a damselfish?

Depends. In a tank that size the damsel would probably bully it to death or at the least cause it to be unhappy and the fish will stress and have a short unhappy life. I personally do not like damsels at all. Every one I've ever had was a bully to everything shy of what could eat it.

Depends. In a tank that size the damsel would probably bully it to death or at the least cause it to be unhappy and the fish will stress and have a short unhappy life. I personally do not like damsels at all. Every one I've ever had was a bully to everything shy of what could eat it.

Agreed, damsels are mean an aggressive.

Agreed, damsels are mean an aggressive.

I love the colors and swimming behavior but they are just cold hearted. I've never had any actually "kill" anything directly but the ones I had did run my clowns and even my foxface off everytime they got close to each other. Caught one in a fish trap and then found the other one I couldn't catch after weeks and weeks of trying wrapped in the tentacles of my Condylactis. Sad end for him but what goes around comes around. And this was in a 180 gallon

Okay well that's a bummer. What about cardinal Fish? My lfs has bangaai cardinals and spotted cardinals. They're pretty cool!

Okay well that's a bummer. What about cardinal Fish? My lfs has bangaai cardinals and spotted cardinals. They're pretty cool!

I had a 3 stripe damsel in a used tank w/ stock that I bought. I put clowns in, he would not focus on anything but them. They just ignored him. But I did remove him b/c he was so aggressive. I have Bengaii Cardinals in w/ my clowns. At first 1 Cardinal was kinda aggressive w/ the clown but now they're kinda friends, always around each other. But my clowns are very passive, kinda like puppies--curious about everything, out & about the most. 1 Cardinal hides all the time. They're nocturnal & kinda shy fish, I feel. In the store, the tanks don't have much for decos so once you get them home, they hide!

I had a 3 stripe damsel in a used tank w/ stock that I bought. I put clowns in, he would not focus on anything but them. They just ignored him. But I did remove him b/c he was so aggressive. I have Bengaii Cardinals in w/ my clowns. At first 1 Cardinal was kinda aggressive w/ the clown but now they're kinda friends, always around each other. But my clowns are very passive, kinda like puppies--curious about everything, out & about the most. 1 Cardinal hides all the time. They're nocturnal & kinda shy fish, I feel. In the store, the tanks don't have much for decos so once you get them home, they hide!

So would a cardinal work in a 10 gal?

Maybe
1 clown
1 cardinal
1 fire fish

U wouldn't just choose 2 fish at most either 2 cardinals or a fire fish an a clown

Could I do a clown and a cardinal lol? Sorry for all the questions. And also how do u go about adding my clean up crew? Of my snails and hermits do I need

Back
Top Bottom