10G FW Planted Aquarium Build Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome tank, really beautiful!!

Sorry about your fish, I;m sure it was a one time thing. Good luck with the current stock!!

Great pics! I love the way this tank looks. Best of luck with the stock. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction.

Awesome tank, really beautiful!!

Sorry about your fish, I;m sure it was a one time thing. Good luck with the current stock!!

Thank you carey. I hope it is too. The remaining ones are all happy and so far I don't see anything wrong with their individual attitude or appearance.

Thanks again.

Great pics! I love the way this tank looks. Best of luck with the stock. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction.

Thanks Bud. Greatly appreciate it. So far it is heading for the right direction. I am happy with how it looked like and with my stocks of course. Edwin is always a character. :-D

Got my additional 3 cardinal tetras from SM and HN1:

33270-albums1750-picture12300.jpg

33270-albums1750-picture12299.jpg

33270-albums1750-picture12298.jpg

33270-albums1750-picture12294.jpg

Sorry if the reflections are making everyone confuse. There are only 5 harlequin rasboras, 5 cardinals, 1 dwarf gourami and 1 nerite in here...Looks a lot coz of the mirror I put temporarily in the back (I didn't get to the store to get a background yet)

Okay so after since, Edwin, my male dwarf gourami, started making some bubble nest, I started seeing white spots in my tank wall. Could this be some kind of an egg from somebody? Please let me know and help me identify it please!

Look at the 3 little white spots above....this is in front of my tank!

This one is in the wall also in the side of the tank where my filter is.

Last edited:
The white eggs are from nerite snails (assuming you have them). I have them in both of my tanks. :) they won't hatch unless it's in salt water though, unfortunately. :(

awww...so they will just die? i only have one zebra nerite in this tank though. how did she laid them alone? don't they need a male snail?

I'm not sure, they don't really die... They just sit there haha. I have eggs that have been around for a couple months+. I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure they're nerite eggs though... They may be able to reproduce by themselves, or they could be infertile eggs she's just laying.

LOL...okay...i guess I don't have to worry about them then...I was just wondering where it came from...weird. It's like all the residents in this tank just want to have some babies. LOL.

Tank is looking great, Daileene! Those def look like nerite eggs. Mine lay them all over like there is no tomorrow..it's a sign of a happy snail. :)

One day I am going to have to get some harlequin rasboras. They always look nice in a planted tank. (y)

Tank is looking great, Daileene! Those def look like nerite eggs. Mine lay them all over like there is no tomorrow..it's a sign of a happy snail. :)

One day I am going to have to get some harlequin rasboras. They always look nice in a planted tank. (y)

Hi Alisha! Thank you very much. I am doing my best but I still think it is so far away compared to yours. You are my inspiration. :) And thank you for confirming that the nerite is happy when they laid some eggs. :) That makes me feel good, knowing that I am doing the right thing. :) So, do you take the eggs when you do PWC or you just let them alone?

And yes, those harlequin rasboras are so cute. McLumpy already got tempted and bought some when she saw my pictures and she is loving them. :) They do look nice in the tank. ;-) Thanks again!

That Fish Place has a beautiful planted display tank with harlequin rasboras in it on their floor. Everytime I shop there I pass it and just love the way it looks. :)

I pretty much leave the nerite eggs alone. If you look at my pictures of my 50 gal, you can see them on the rocks. lol ;) It takes a long while but they will eventually dissolve. The only time I bother with them is if they are on the glass, and then I just scrape them off.

That Fish Place has a beautiful planted display tank with harlequin rasboras in it on their floor. Everytime I shop there I pass it and just love the way it looks. :)

I pretty much leave the nerite eggs alone. If you look at my pictures of my 50 gal, you can see them on the rocks. lol ;) It takes a long while but they will eventually dissolve. The only time I bother with them is if they are on the glass, and then I just scrape them off.

Oh I see, I don't have That Fish Place near me. Only Petco and Walmart (yikes). But that must be a treat to look at. I can only imagine how it looks. :-D

Okay, I just did a PWC today and I left the eggs in the DW alone. But I did scraped the ones in the glass. They were more than 10, probably almost 20 of them. Sad it can't hatch in a FW water. I do love nerites. Thank you for the info. (y)

I love that tank! It's by the African root wood, right? My girls finally decided to get a school of them after seeing that tank. (y)

Back
Top Bottom