10g saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Budgets are no fun but a necessary evil. Now if I could stay within mine it would be great. I went over this month because of a good deal on a light. Maybe that should be my new years resolution don't go over budget on my tanks.

Since you will be starting your cycle it also will be a benefit for you to have die off on your rock. :) it will help with the cycling.

joy13 said:
Budgets are no fun but a necessary evil. Now if I could stay within mine it would be great. I went over this month because of a good deal on a light. Maybe that should be my new years resolution don't go over budget on my tanks.

Ya! Haha alot of chores and stuff gradually raises the budget though!

carey said:
I bring my own buckets wheb I go to buy live rock, makes life alot easier.

Oh so far on the list iv got

Small powerhead
20lb of pf sand
5lbs of live rock
10lbs of base rock
Refrotractor when i can afford it
Salt mix
Is that it??

List looks right, I can't think of anything else other than the test kit, but you said you have that already right?

Sounds good guys! Haha yes i just got a job watching someones house..10 mor bucks in the fish fund...

bruinsbro1997 said:
I thought that the test kit for Freshwater and test kit for Saltwater weren't the same?

Aparently the colors are only off by a little bit? I dunno. So in total, if i get everything on the list, think thatd cost 80$?

this is THE most helpful thread iv been on so far :)
u guys are wonderful and i am actually starting to prepare the tank for a big change.
i found this site that said he changed his 20g FW to a SW with corals fish etc, this is what he did:
- changed sand, 90% pf sand 10% live sand from lfs
- got 2 powerheads and refugium
- added ro/di water, started cycle on filter
- added base rock/ live rock
- bought 3 LED spotlights that had the sucking plastic things to stick them to tank walls etc
- tested tank and added fish/ corals when it was cycled.

the point i am making, is there were 3 LED spotlights that kept these fish and corals alive, while he still had the norm FW lights set up, so technically we could just stick an LED spotlight at each end of the tank and as long as they are powerful enough, the corals would be fine? logic works or no? x

I thought that the test kit for Freshwater and test kit for Saltwater weren't the same?
They test for the same thing in the water, you will need a different ph test is all because of how high or low tests for. The colors differ slightly.

Hey guys, Can a pistol shrimp and cleaner be put in the same tank? And the cleaner wont die?

Back
Top Bottom