10g saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I had 5 cleaner shrimp and a pistol in my 125g with no hostility between them. :)

That sounds cool, but maybe there might be agression in a ten with the lack of space?

carey said:
but switched to the water from those water machines they have at supermarkets for 30 cents a gallon.

Hey Carey, so you can use the water from those machines at Walmart?!

So i was wondering a couple things like, do i need to put the rocks into the tank first, then put the sand in? And do i have to glue all these rocks together, even though i will only have a few?

I put my rocks in first and then the sand so that the rocks are completely stable. I have yet to glue any rocks together, just play with them and see how you can make them fit so they are sturdy. :)

Cool! And about lights, id like an LED lamp that could sustain corals in my 10. Any ideas? Also, does it make the whole tank look blue? :/

I hope to start a saltwater tank one day. I know they are more expensive. But from what I hear, not that hard to take care of?

The light color depends on the lights that you get :)

I had two actually, one was a 20k bulb and one was a 12k I believe. I just sold them to a guy on craigslist. lol But they were great lights and were about $80 each

Copachick said:
I hope to start a saltwater tank one day. I know they are more expensive. But from what I hear, not that hard to take care of?

No not too tough.

carey said:
The light color depends on the lights that you get :)

I had two actually, one was a 20k bulb and one was a 12k I believe. I just sold them to a guy on craigslist. lol But they were great lights and were about $80 each

Haha i would have bough them! Haha :D would i need two to keep low light corals? Or just one?

Yeah, one of the worst things about getting an LED bulb is finding a mount or fixture for it. lol I had par38 bulbs not the par30 so I wasnt sure if the gooseneck fixture could hold my bulbs, took many trips to find a lamp holder for me. But yeah, if I had it to do again I most likely would have bought the ones I linked.

carey said:
Yeah, one of the worst things about getting an LED bulb is finding a mount or fixture for it. lol I had par38 bulbs not the par30 so I wasnt sure if the gooseneck fixture could hold my bulbs, took many trips to find a lamp holder for me. But yeah, if I had it to do again I most likely would have bought the ones I linked.

Ya that seems like a hassle. If im going to make a fowlr into a reef later on though, arethere any specific things to do on the fowlr that would need to be done on the reef? Ex. Buy sand or somthing that is necessary for a reef and put it into my fowlr. You understand ? Hahah :D

Nope, just get a light that will support coral and a coral. Then you can call it a reef

Hinds04 said:
Nope, just get a light that will support coral and a coral. Then you can call it a reef

Interesting! Also could i feed sw fish fw tropical food? I doubt it

I dont see why not. Some people feed fish vegetables from their fridge even frozen peas. I probably wouldn’t though just because food costs next to nothing compared to other things in the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom