125 DT, 55 refuge, 30b frag tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If both tanks are drilled just run two returns from one sump and same for overflows. They would just share the sump

The DT is going inbetween a wall so I don't want any plumbing running down the center.. the frag tank will also be viewable from both sides and the sump will be underneath the dt with skimmer reactors doser etc.. hooked up to it

Rough idea

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120628_182704.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120628_182704.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 84
Looks good. Just make sure the qt isn't attached to the main system. Idk if you were thinking of doing that or not.

Lol oh no ..yeah someone already briefed me about the problem with doing that on my other thread thanks ...any idea on how much water flow should be going thru the 30b?

The flow through it doesn't really matter. It's just the actual flow inside. Since you want frags (I'm assuming some sps) your going to want to have a decent flow, so a couple power heads will be sufficient. I would go for atleast 20x overturn. I have that in my 150 predator reef and I'm going to add more power heads to get it to about 35-40x so you may want it in that range.

More flow is a good thing, just make sure you circulate the water around the tank and not blast it at corals.

Back
Top Bottom