125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First pic is to show how the 55 sits inside the stand. Second pic is to show how the skimmer is gonna sit. Just trying to figure out a fix for the skimmer cup.. Really want it to come out the front

Attachments

• image-881361275.jpg
    image-881361275.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3725124352.jpg
    image-3725124352.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 143
Stand is stained and lookin sharp!! Cant wait to get home and get the doors on

Attachments

• image-3461213545.jpg
    image-3461213545.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 152
Doors are on, only have one slight mess up. It seems as though someone thought it would be funny to mix the door hinges together at lowes and i was the lucky recepient of said wrong hinge. Oh well, im off tomorrow so ill take care of it. Also grabbed a few bulkheads while at work today so everything is about ready to piece together. Just need a return pump (almost had a mag 24 from work but didnt work out)

Used GE silicone 1 to place the baffles, gonna give it 24 hours before water testing.

Attachments

• image-829146549.jpg
    image-829146549.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 224
huma-huma said:
Stand is stained and lookin sharp!! Cant wait to get home and get the doors on

You did the same color I did!! It looks fantastic! I'm excited to see what it all looks like when you are finished- tank and all! Whoohoo!

Ty ty!! Def more than excited to get it up and running!! Gonna prob water test it tonight (the sump) it doesnt need to be 100% waterproof between chambers but it needs to direct flow decently. Who knows maybe ill get lucky the first time around. As for going back to black, really didnt want to but our new livingroom furniture is black so it actually ties the room together nicely

huma-huma said:
Ty ty!! Def more than excited to get it up and running!! Gonna prob water test it tonight (the sump) it doesnt need to be 100% waterproof between chambers but it needs to direct flow decently. Who knows maybe ill get lucky the first time around. As for going back to black, really didnt want to but our new livingroom furniture is black so it actually ties the room together nicely

It's really looking great! Ok, mine is actually a VERY deep brown but I'm excited for you! Almost there!

Water tested the baffles just now... Seems to be holding up well, even against the monsoon of a flow i just ran threw it with my skimmer pump. So next up is to 1) order my return pump (thank you jesse) and 2) drain the 55, move it, screw stand together, put 55 back... And start putting the tank up!!!

The pretty much finished product. The second pic is to show the chambered refugium sitting below the tank, keep in mind its a 55g tank.... Still hard to grasp the sheer size of this refugium.

Attachments

• image-2087004581.jpg
    image-2087004581.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-4065287009.jpg
    image-4065287009.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 124
Have to take the center braces out on the top side of the tank :(( cant bolt the base and stand together while the 55 is in there

huma-huma said:
Have to take the center braces out on the top side of the tank :(( cant bolt the base and stand together while the 55 is in there

Oh boo!! :(. Once it's finished though it will be AWESOME!

I may have actually outsmarted the problem for once.. I simply took out the right center back brace... Imma slide the 55 in, then screw the brace back on.. Screwholes wont matter on the backside. Tank is currently sitting in my livingroom, right next to the 55, right next to the stand. So in other words, half my livingroom is occupied by fish stuff. Not kidding

huma-huma said:
I may have actually outsmarted the problem for once.. I simply took out the right center back brace... Imma slide the 55 in, then screw the brace back on.. Screwholes wont matter on the backside. Tank is currently sitting in my livingroom, right next to the 55, right next to the stand. So in other words, half my livingroom is occupied by fish stuff. Not kidding

ROFL! It's ok! I have two 55 gallons and a 20 gallon QT set up in mine! :)

First pic is the moonlights (of which one burned out, ugh) thatll be a mini project. Second is with whites and actinics on ( again, one actinic is out) third pic is of the clearance i have for my skimmer. I literally have maybe an inch of clearance between the bottom edge of the cup and the skimmer neck.

Attachments

• image-3488936455.jpg
    image-3488936455.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1080099631.jpg
    image-1080099631.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1775496238.jpg
    image-1775496238.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 144
huma-huma said:
First pic is the moonlights (of which one burned out, ugh) thatll be a mini project. Second is with whites and actinics on ( again, one actinic is out) third pic is of the clearance i have for my skimmer. I literally have maybe an inch of clearance between the bottom edge of the cup and the skimmer neck.

I'm so jealous!

Lol i have a spare 125 if you get too jealous;) just repurposed my emperor 400 hob as a qt/hospital tank seeded filter. Itll hang right over the center refugium and help to setup a qt/hospital tank on any emergency bases. Gonna attempt to pick up second set of bulkheads at work today to finish sealing off the bulkheads.

Attachments

• image-3320548396.jpg
    image-3320548396.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 136
huma-huma said:
Lol i have a spare 125 if you get too jealous;) just repurposed my emperor 400 hob as a qt/hospital tank seeded filter. Itll hang right over the center refugium and help to setup a qt/hospital tank on any emergency bases. Gonna attempt to pick up second set of bulkheads at work today to finish sealing off the bulkheads.

Y'all need to move to Texas and I will take the 125 gallon off your hands! :).

Ive seen your electric rates and im not going near texas lol.we pay about half of what the average texan pays. Oh and texas doesnt have any sports teams worth cheering for lol

Back
Top Bottom