125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh I didnt consider the apex. That alone means enough to get the radions in my opinion. One module and youre done. Plus the upgrade in the future, I would only worry that the version you buy would still be available when you do eventually upgrade. They are on the 3rd version in as many years pretty much.

what kills me is that BRS has the gen 2 Radions $150 off...2 units that's $300 off... and I refuse to spend that kind of money 6 weeks before Christmas. hopefully Ill get lucky enough come January and hit an after-Christmas sale or something. I also LOVE the fact that I will have complete and total control over my Radions...wirelessly. that, to me is worth it. sucks I didn't upgrade the lights 8-10 months ago because I could have potentially got in on the reeflink beta testing

went to do my nightly equipment check and noticed this.... wow.
563705_10202298728055779_1457617295_n.jpg

I know that it takes a bit for new skimmers to "break-in" but this is pretty crazy. it seems as though every week the skimmate gets darker and darker.
1235442_10202298728935801_1224555494_n.jpg

also just got done talking with a friend of mine that just got in a huge order of corals. says he has a ton of zoa frags. im heading to the fish store in a few hours and then over to his place tomorrow to pick out a few frags.

ugh. I feel like I relapse every time I go to the fish store. I promise myself for weeks that I wont buy anything and it never fails. picked up a royal gramma.... and some pods for the mandarin.

I'm jealous of your skimming huma. My skimmer is hit or miss and I'm not sure why. It'll do great for a week and when it gets emptied the bubbles don't even reach the cup anymore and need some major adjusting at the pump to get it to work a little bit. Frustrating. My next thought is to make a funnel hookup to empty it like changing my oil so the seal isn't broken. Just wish it worked constantly, then maybe my algae issue wouldn't be as bad.

lol I know how it is.....Least you didnt come home with a tang or anything crazy hehe
I was pushing for a lemonpeel angel but we all know what my track record is with angels...and a yellow tang was $66. so that's a no.

sniperhank, i know your pain, my last skimmer was like that and it was a vertex, so brand quality cant be blamed, idk what causes that. i do get it every once in awhile but its seemed to of settled in decently for now. once i add the auto neck cleaner im sure ill have to adjust.

woke up today to no royal gramma...so I spent 10 minutes searching for the little guy. found him asleep buried in some rockwork! apparently he wasn't quite ready to wake up yet lol. going to look at frags later so ill upload pics when im home

well here they are!! one has opened up fully and seems to be liking its new home, the other has opened about 70%. feel free to id them because I don't remember their names.
1461128_10202311162566634_1086101811_n.jpg

1374782_10202311163286652_785888092_n.jpg

paid $20 and got a zoa frag as well. very happy with this purchase and I will be going back for morw coral eventually.

corals!! and more corals!! I posted an ad on fb trying to sell my 5g fluval chi in the hopes to get money for it. however my buddy (the coral guy) text me and said he would trade me some frags for the tank. I came home with 4 frags, 1 single polyp of an undisclosed zoa, a baseball-sized rock of zoas. so Im more than happy. we now have 12 corals in the tank, of course all low-light corals that are placed up off the sandbed. hoping to get some pics uploaded tm of the corals.

Good deal. :) Corals are always a good thing. lol I think I have over 30 in my tank now and will probably be adding more as I usually cant say no to a good deal.

Just did a 15g water change, also rinsed and cleaned the filter socks. Corals are doing ok. Some have lost their "neon" look but i prettyich expected that considering they came out of a led-driven tank. January cant come fast enough

exciting news!! gonna be cutting the 125 in half horizontally this weekend to make a 6ft shallow frag tank!!!

Back
Top Bottom