125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well we have our first permanent inhabitant of the 125!! Picked up a snowflake clown yesterday (couldnt pass up the amazing price) hes a lil guy now, only prob an inch, but hes currently in the 55 and doing good!! Going tomorrow to pick up my skimmer (hopefully) and then to finish up the stand. Heres a few pics

Attachments

• image-3333198269.jpg
    image-3333198269.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 161
  • image-1972090678.jpg
    image-1972090678.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 199
Thank you jesse!! I literally just picked up the skimmer. Its a Vertex IN-250 skimmer and its absolutely insanely large. Also picked up a commercial grade 1" ball valve, 40g drilled( for sump, which i didnt know he had), 2 adjustable timers, and a dual micron sock filter, all for 170. Drivig home now so ill get pics up soon. Pretty sure the skimmer wont even fit but idc. Its monstrous

First one is obviously my son standing next to it... Told you its a monster. Second one is with plumbing attached... And see if you can spot my problem im having

Attachments

• image-3573413974.jpg
    image-3573413974.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 165
  • image-1015431148.jpg
    image-1015431148.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 168
coffeetwitch said:
hahaha well,,, they do say to build your system around your skimmer for a reason.

any ideas on how to make it work?

Yeah.. Im gonna build a frame to slide underneath the stand, that should raise it up enough to get the cup out.. Im actually legitimately scared to see this thing in action. I really need to just suck it up and build a stand from scratch but i just dont have the time to

Skimmer is currently in the 55 doing work. Within 10 minutes it was collecting a yellow/greenish gunk.... Imma give it 2 hours and see what it did

2x6 frame is almost completely together. Have 2 of the 4 center braces in. In the pics, notice how the 2x4 braces are laying horizontal, i did this because where the 55 is gonna sit, itll be lower to the ground, as oppose to over on the left where the braces will be vertical, therefore lifting up the floorpan. Im also gonna seal the 55g section off with silicone just to waterproof it and make a semi- catchpan for any water... Or leaks

Attachments

• image-3501571376.jpg
    image-3501571376.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image-1870794139.jpg
    image-1870794139.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 141
  • image-4165539428.jpg
    image-4165539428.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 148
Got the 55g section of floorpan in this morning. Ita coming along fairly well. Planning on finishing up the left side tonight and possibly the first coat of stain. Going back to satin black (ugh) only because our entire livingroom furniture is satin black. Hopfully itll look decent

Heres the pics.... Duh

Attachments

• image-3159044203.jpg
    image-3159044203.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 122
  • image-196459703.jpg
    image-196459703.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 196
Well footer is all built and currently has the first coat of poly stain drying on it. Work till 5p tomorrow then throwing another coat on it and doing the main stand. Got about a basketball sized clump of caulerpa for 10 bucks. Also scored a 72g bowfront setup for free!!! (cant beat that)

huma-huma said:
Well we have our first permanent inhabitant of the 125!! Picked up a snowflake clown yesterday (couldnt pass up the amazing price) hes a lil guy now, only prob an inch, but hes currently in the 55 and doing good!! Going tomorrow to pick up my skimmer (hopefully) and then to finish up the stand. Heres a few pics

LOL! I'm a sucker for the clowns! I picked up two black and white but they are in QT right now. Love the snowflake!

I am too!! Especially now because we have a huge variety at work. Im either gonna pair mine up with a b&w ocellaris or a vivid percula.

Oh and the 72g bowfront is home. Entire setup for free. Granted some of the equipment is outsated but thats a small price to pay for a diningroom reef tank

Beengirl said:
Wow!! A free 72???!!! I'm super jealous right now!!!

Lol usually its me saying that. Finally for once i caught a freebie deal. I now have exactly 427g of usuable tankspace in my house... Holy crap.

Well the stand footer is done, doors have a solid coat of poly on them, and the main stand is ready for stain. I do however need a return pump. 700gph or higher. So i gotta go track one down

Stand base is sealed and finished!! Just brought it in and did a dry fit to see how the clearances worked out. All i can say is wow am i gkad i used 2x6 instead of 2x4!! Should have just enough clearance to get the cup in and out without banging around too much. Gonna move the live rock and fish over to the 72 so i can start getting the 55 chambered and ready. In terms of layout , all im gonna do is make chamber 1 big enough for the skimmer and sock box, chamber 3 will fit the return pump tightly, and chamber 2 will get the rest. Dont mind the blue hue of the pics, my case is blue and i havent cared enough to color it black. Pic one is of the top end clearance, pic 2 is of the recessed floorpan that i designed to hold just the 55g sump. Doors all have one coat of poly stain on them, gonna toss one more on the inside just to protect against salt creep. Soo excited about getting the 55 under the main tank. Due to the new base being there, the 55 wont be nearly as hard to get into

Attachments

• image-2701301695.jpg
    image-2701301695.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 131
  • image-3557135072.jpg
    image-3557135072.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 129
huma-huma said:
Stand base is sealed and finished!! Just brought it in and did a dry fit to see how the clearances worked out. All i can say is wow am i gkad i used 2x6 instead of 2x4!! Should have just enough clearance to get the cup in and out without banging around too much. Gonna move the live rock and fish over to the 72 so i can start getting the 55 chambered and ready. In terms of layout , all im gonna do is make chamber 1 big enough for the skimmer and sock box, chamber 3 will fit the return pump tightly, and chamber 2 will get the rest. Dont mind the blue hue of the pics, my case is blue and i havent cared enough to color it black. Pic one is of the top end clearance, pic 2 is of the recessed floorpan that i designed to hold just the 55g sump. Doors all have one coat of poly stain on them, gonna toss one more on the inside just to protect against salt creep. Soo excited about getting the 55 under the main tank. Due to the new base being there, the 55 wont be nearly as hard to get into

Nice!!!! Hurry up so we can see pics of everything put together!! (Joke). So when will everything be up and running?

Next few days. Have to get a few pieces to finish up the system. Finally got the contents of the 55 over to the 72. Now the 55 is in its rightful place, with the skimmer inside. Everything fits and lines up perfectly except for when i try to take out the cup.. I have just enough clearance to pull it up, but not quite enough to come straight out ( get hung up on the tank. Not all is lost though because if i go down the length of the tank with the cup, i can get it out, i very well may just end up plumbing in a drain tube to the cup so i dont have to empty it constantly. Ill only need to take it out to clean it

Back
Top Bottom