125 gallon build log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad Day

My big, gorgeous, lace plant - it has to go. Tomorrow is the auction, and it's just getting to big for my tank.

IMG_2141.JPG

On the plus side, behind it I found plants I forgot I had. lmao

Last weekend was the club auction. The lace plant went, the RTL went, the stellata got annihalated for a replant. Tank looks a little more open. Although the Verticilaris in the middle/back regrew like I never chopped it now that it's getting light in the absence of the lace plant.

picture.php

The fish seem to like it more. The Boesmanis and Praecox had taken to huddling in the right hand side of the tank. Ever since the lace plant went, they've spread out and seem quite a bit more active now.

I'm ready to take the UV out (pump and tubing you always see on the left-hand side - the eyesore). Left it running after transferring fish to make sure all was good. It's been a few weeks, I think we're all set, so I'll get that out shortly.

Yeah, I'm kinda sorry to see it go too, but it had to happen, I was convinced.

I'll try to snap some closer shots tonight.

Just over a year now I guess. I got back into aquariums with a Christmas present in Dec 06. Early the following year I got bit by the planted bug.

My biggest problem is that all of my other tanks are suffering right now, as I focus on this guy. My 46g bow (non-planted) is in the process of being taken down, and I haven't figured out what to do with it (considering reef). My 29g tank looks horrible, but I just bought new substrate and stuff for it, so it's about to be torn down and reset from scratch in the upcoming 2-3 weeks (my wife is actually going to make this hers and try her hand at planting it). My 20g shrimp tank isn't terrible, but it's not great. It was initially my "grow-out" tank, but over time has just become an eyesore. Huge clump of java moss and a few crypts, and a few stems of diandra. I don't dose ferts in that tank, as initially the ferts were killing the shrimp, so I just gave up on them. Growth, with exception of the moss, is very slow, making it a very low-maintenance tank, though. But, it needs to be rescaped into something aesthetically pleasing.

GWAPA is starting up their annual 2.5g aquascaping contest, which kicked off last week, so I gotta get going with that here soon too.

Back
Top Bottom