125g Planted Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes! I've heard they are notoriously susceptible to ich but I've lucked out with the guy I got. Hope everyone else is doing all right!

In the back of my mind, I knew it would happen. Between the crazy numbers of fish in the bags, not hand picking them, and everything else, they were surely stressed. It's not a big huge deal. Its ich. And, none of the other fish have any spots on them... so hopefully it'll cure pretty quick. I'm totally against meds, but if the heat isn't working after a week or so, I *might* look in to some. Who knows

I'm with ya Jonathan... I never use meds unless the fish's health is declining rapidly. You have a QT you could just throw the clowns in? Still might be good idea to keep the main tank at 86 for a few weeks just to be safe.

I've thought about it... but... have you ever tried catching a little fish in a heavily planted 6' tank? It's not easy to do! Plus, I dont have a heater big enough to heat my 20 long up to 86.... though I do have a couple 10's laying around. Hmmm... I may end up doing that. If I can catch them.

Try catching three 3" kuhliis, which can fit through an opening the size of a pencil, in a 3' highly planted.. lol. I feel for you!

I wasn't planning on salt anyways because of the plants... plus I have two plecos and 3 unidentified little catfish that just swim in the same spot all day lol

Ok, so here's an update. I noticed a K deficiency causing holes in leaves. The black ruby barb that nips at them sure isn't helping things. Looks like the ich is slowly leaving, no signs today.... I'm going to continue with the heat for the next week or so just to be on the safe side. I also started running two sponge filters (on top of each other) while I have the temp raised, going to steralize and move to the 20 long once I'm done.

The glosso is really going good in here. I'm surprised at how much it has grown considering I'm not dosing ferts or injecting co2. It is even carpeting, not growing up.

Anyhoo, here's a video.

YouTube - 125 Planted Update 5/14/11

Thanks guys. I'm nowhere close to being satisfied, but I have some interesting plans for this tank.

Also, anybody got an ID on the big silver fish right in the beginning of the video? I can't find an ID anywhere. Nothing even close.

Back
Top Bottom