125g tank Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kentuckyfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got my 125 the way I like it any suggestions to improve it more I have 3 oscars 1 red devil 2 big plecos 1 green terror and 4 clown loaches an they all get along well I have 2 big filters 2 under gravel filters and a sump filter any other good tank mates or things I need my profile pic is my tank now

Its pretty easy. You can buy a wallpaper at a store or you could paint the back. Painting is a lot nicer but if you can't, a paper background is great too. It's just to cover up the piping.

What do u think I should put in ther I did just get an African Nife BTW it is getting along well so far

With that many cichlids in there now, I wouldn't add any more. Not to mention, once those fish hit maturity, there will probably be some problems. I'd say you're stocked now, assuming you can keep good water quality. It's probably at it's max though.

What do u think the problems will be the red devil? Or more then that

With 3 oscars, you have the potential that there are male(s) and female(s). If two pair off, they're likely to kill the other (even males kill their mate sometimes). The other possibilities are the green terror or red devil causing issues. Another thing, depending on the type of pleco, is the potential of having two plecos over a foot long causing water quality issues. But, if it's working now, only time will tell for sure.

Yea I guess I'll just have to wait and see an as they get bigger I'll start removing some rocks

I agree with mfd on what he said. On top of the aggression, they also have a VERY large bioload. That means more algae because the beneficial bacteria can't handle it.

Back
Top Bottom