12g Nano Cube w/ Current Truelumen Pro LEDs Retro-Fit Upgrade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno, I think mike said I needed to sign up.

The "sign up" for the auction has to do more with selling items, but also allows everyone to see a list online of what is going to be auctioned before the meeting. There are of course day-of additions to the auction that mever make the list. There is a pre-auction inspe tion of all items.

Sign up also grants raffle tickets, but at the Aug meet they went off the sign in sheet... I hope they go back to tickets.

So I'm not sure siging up for the auction is "mandatory" but it was recommended to me, and like a good little nerd I passed on the news and the link.

More importantly, bring a folding chair for yourself and a cooler to keep any livestock you might buy from overheating.

No prob! It was cool, definitely would have been more useful if I NEEDED something, but maybe next time... I should have bid on that UG, I might use that it my next rescape... Hmmm

Man... I've been looking for UG... it was available everywhere a month or two ago. Seems like the well is dry lately.

Haha... I did post a WTB there and TPT. A guy on TPT said he might have more in a couple weeks.

Yeah.. I'm such a loner in AZ... like 2pac says "just me and my girlfriend!" Lol

All my friends are in Cali. Born & raised in Santa Monica! I seriously need to move back ASAP. Sigh...

Haha... I did post a WTB there and TPT. A guy on TPT said he might have more in a couple weeks.

Yeah.. I'm such a loner in AZ... like 2pac says "just me and my girlfriend!" Lol

All my friends are in Cali. Born & raised in Santa Monica! I seriously need to move back ASAP. Sigh...

Isn't the planted tank scene big in Arizona, though? I heard somebody talking about it at the meet, actually. That there's lots of nice stores and stuff in Phoenix. Not sure how close Phoenix is to Scottsdale, but yeah...

It's not as big as in California, but it's good. Aqua Touch is in Phoenix and they're close to the looks of what I see online of AFA. They also have a killer SW section. Plus that new ADA distributor just set up shop like 10 minutes away from me. When I picked up the 60P from him we had like a good 45 minute discussion about the hobby, especially with rimless tanks and planted. He told me that it's much bigger in CA, AZ, and TX than other parts of the country (maybe Florida as an exception?). He had to close up shop in NY because it got no traffic. But the local club, equivalent to SCAPE, pales by comparison... their forum is so stagnant.. Very little activity. However, I do see things growing a bit. More Dutch builds popping up, more elegant rimless tanks, etc. So I think AZ is behind cali, but not too far off...and based on proximity, AZ follows cali trends not long after.

Yeah, the guys at SCAPE said the forum almost died a few years back, the diehards had to revive it. Seems to be going strong now, though. I'd love to be the one to open a decent store in the Inland Empire, but the hobby doesn't seem popular enough to build a profitable business out of... Unless you have a online store as well, I guess... I've always wanted to wake up in the morning and go to work doing something I love. Suppose it's just a dream, I guess. :)

Yeah that's cool about SCAPE. I notice they organize a lot of group buys, more free flow of RAOK trades among one another, etc. I'm jealous! Haha

Speaking of group buy, I saw zenzu is organizing another CAD Zen tank GB. I think you "need" another tank, Bill! Mike and I can't be the only ones with serious MTS issues! LOL

Hmmmm... I may have to look in to that... I've been thinking of doing something along the size of your 6g... Not sure if I was gonna go with ada or what. I'll have to check the sizes of those tanks!

Back
Top Bottom