130 Gallon build journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonder if a rolled on paint would work. Have a feeling once I get this tank in my house it wont ever leave (to go outside to be painted) Just wife and I here and doubt she can help move it.

Wonder if a rolled on paint would work. Have a feeling once I get this tank in my house it wont ever leave (to go outside to be painted) Just wife and I here and doubt she can help move it.

Yes you can use roll on paint. Just go with an outdoor paint because it will get wet from time to time. It will take a day or 2 to fully dry

I used black acrylic paint on a 10 gallon. I thought that maybe it'd be too soft and scrape off too easily, but it's been set up for a few months now and is holding up well. Easy to paint on, and if you ever wanted to take it off, I think it'd be easier to take off since artists who paint windows use acrylic. I think once you spray paint it, it would be more or less permanent

I used black acrylic paint on a 10 gallon. I thought that maybe it'd be too soft and scrape off too easily, but it's been set up for a few months now and is holding up well. Easy to paint on, and if you ever wanted to take it off, I think it'd be easier to take off since artists who paint windows use acrylic. I think once you spray paint it, it would be more or less permanent

Nothing a flat razor can't fix. They actually do sell black backs like a huge sticker but for a 130g tank, that's not fun

Has anyone tried or had success with Dr Tim's One and Only? Seems to have a large number of youtube videos with it working. Was thinking of adding it when I begin the fish-less cycle. Not cheap stuff though, about $50/.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392927928.222283.jpg

So here it is. Got it a day early. Came with way more odds and ends the. I was expecting. Anyone know about rapids pro filter?

So here it is. Got it a day early. Came with way more odds and ends the. I was expecting. Anyone know about rapids pro filter?

Looks amazing! I've never used them nor heard of them. I know they are pretty good but someone else may have better reviews then I

It may be getting sold. Don't think I will need it and seems more suited for salt. I order a new Eheim 2080 for the man filter for this tank.

You were saying you liked the thought of black sand. Lots of people use black blasting sand for their tanks and have no problems at all. It's cheap as well. I believe they get it Lowe's, Home Depot, tractor supply stores and other places along those lines. I believe it's called Black Diamond blasting sand.

What about the skimmer though? And any idea what the white crap on it is? Safe to use like that? I'm afraid it's all in the lines as well

What about the skimmer though? And any idea what the white crap on it is? Safe to use like that? I'm afraid it's all in the lines as well

I'm not sure what the white crap is but I'm pretty sure its salt residue from improper care. Use vinegar to clean it up and let it air dry and your.set. I have no info on skimmers but they remove nasty stuff from the water basically waste (i think) I'm no salt equipment expert here!

Back
Top Bottom