130 Gallon build journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good catch! Serves me right for looking at smallish pictures on my phone.

Yeah I'm on my phone too and had to look really hard. He may not have added it though but I believe the bottle says to use it with a fish in cycle to have that ammonia source

I had ammonia up to 4ppm before adding dr Tim's. I tested this morning and still have no nitrites.

Wow, that filter is a beast!! Crazy. Hopefully the Dr Tim's will speed you cycle. I'm curious to hear how it works on a fish-less cycle.

Yeah me to. From his YouTube videos I thought I would see nitrites same day. Tested at 6am this morning and. Nothing. I will test around 9pm tonight as well.

I would go with 2 fx6s

Nothing wrong with overkill I guess, but this certainly isn't necessary.

I for one say cycling a tank at 4ppm of ammo (fishless) is the way to go. It ensures no fish are harmed and you don't have to do excessive wcs. That's my belief.

I've seen plenty of folks have to do water changes with stalled cycles from dosing up to 4 PPM. It really isn't necessary to go that high unless you want to dump an entire stock list into the tank at once, which I really wouldn't recommend anyway. Newly cycled tanks can be unpredictable.

Well its now 6:30pm 9 hours after adding the DR. Tim's One and Only. Still no sign of Nitrites.

Will probably take longer than that to start converting I guess. I don't use bacteria additives so can't really comment on their effectiveness. They are typically far from a sure bet, but the one you got seems to have more favorable reviews than other brands.

Don't have access to any seeded material sadly

You have a great FW club locally... ;)

Come to the meeting this Saturday and I'll give you a little bit of media.

Where is it? I work night so sometimes hard to get up during the day but I'm willing to drive if not to far. I'm in loganville

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393547787.900818.jpg

Well tested again since adding dr Tim's one and only. Still no sign of nitrites or nitrates.

There is in the aquaclear. Was using it to clear initial water out in

I would remove the carbon. It's pretty contraversal but I have had better cycles without carbon. Add filter floss to remove particle. Walmart sells it in huge 20oz bags for 4$ and its just pillow stuffing. You want one that doesn't say it prevents mold or is fire proof. Just 100% polyfill

Back
Top Bottom