15 gal stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquariumfish123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone! I just picked up a new 15 gal to add to my collection and i was wondering what I could stock? I would really like to stay away from livebarrors (mollys, guppys ect..) so what could I do in a 15 gal? I was thinking about some angels, is that possible? Any stocking advice would be great! Thanks!

:fish2: :fish1:

Maybe 2 angelfish. I love swordtails, they are live bearers. Beware livebearers breed like crazy

You should use AqAdvisor to help you out online, it's great!

I'd doubt it, I need your tank dimensions first, what about filtration it plays a large stocking roll, so maybe

No, you cannot do angels. Angels need at least a 29g. I'd stick to a single dwarf gourami and 5 corys and 5 schooling fish

Yes I know but there is a minimum. I don't recommend an angel fish pair in a 15g. Your pushing it if you add just one. I'd stick to gouramis

2 dwarf gouramis makes your tank at a 63% stocking level! you could do a school or to. roof you only wanted on dwarf gourami you'd only be 31% stocked!

Back
Top Bottom