150 gallon sa/ca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
I might try this setup for my 150 gallon.
ALL FEMALE

1 festae
1 grammode
1 jag
1 salvini

I know they are all very aggressive and this may not work. The salvini will go in first then the jag then festae then grammode. I will wait until the they are all about 3-4 inches then they will all go in. I will give the salvini about a week to get use to the tank then put the jag in, give her a couple days then put either the grammode or festae depending on which is more aggressive. How does that sound? I will have other tanks up and running incase something happens and i have to separate someone.

I might try this setup for my 150 gallon.
ALL FEMALE

1 festae
1 grammode
1 jag
1 salvini

I know they are all very aggressive and this may not work. The salvini will go in first then the jag then festae then grammode. I will wait until the they are all about 3-4 inches then they will all go in. I will give the salvini about a week to get use to the tank then put the jag in, give her a couple days then put either the grammode or festae depending on which is more aggressive. How does that sound? I will have other tanks up and running incase something happens and i have to separate someone.

That is a risky stock list my friend! They are all capable of holding their own so if you do make this happen I want follow along to see. My guess is the grammode or jag will kill everything. Could be a seriously royal rumble leading to nuclear meltdown! Lol

Attachments

• image-3731424991.jpg
    image-3731424991.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48
I'm thinking a betting pool is in order: last fish standing lol my money is on the grammode

I also support the jag. My lfs had some "red tiger" jaguar cichlids and they were pretty aggressive.

I also support the jag. My lfs had some "red tiger" jaguar cichlids and they were pretty aggressive.

Red tigers aren't jaguars. Jags are parachromis managuense while red tigers are parachromis motaguense (which is why they are also commonly called red tiger motas) ;)

The Festae,Grammode and Salvini all grow pretty slowly unlike the Jag which I imagine would rule the roost.

That's the best response in my opinion, individual aggression doesn't matter much when the other guy is 3 times larger and can swallow you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom