16g stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to be setting up a 16g bow and would appreciate some help with stocking. I have a school of celestial pearl danios in a 6g that will definitely be moving; I'd like as large a group as possible. I just ordered 4 pygmy cories and want to increase that number as well. I have cherry shrimp that could go into the 16g or stay in the 6g...would the small cories bother shrimp? The tank will be heavily planted.

In addition to suggestions for those numbers I was wondering is there any sort of centerpiece fish (apisto, ram, unusual betta or gourami) that I could add that won't be aggressive towards the danios?

Thanks for your help!

The corydoras might eat baby shrimp. For the centerpiece fish, I would say some sparkling gouramis or a pair of fancy male guppies.

Every fish will eat baby Shrimp except Otos.

If put the Shrimp into the 6g. Let them breed and later if you want fish in there look at either a single Scarlet Badis or a small group of tiny Rasboras like
Boraras brigittae
http://www.fishchannel.com/freshwater-aquariums/species-info/boraras-brigittae.aspx

CPDs and C pygmaeus are a nice match. I currently have C pygmaeus and C habrosus with mine.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! The cories arrived today and are doing well, I plan to get at least 6 more. And you're right, they're a nice, balanced tank mate for the CPDs.

I need to get more plants and then I'll see if I want to add anything else.

I did move the shrimp to the 6g. There's a ton of willow moss in the tank so they seem quite happy.

Hi Theresa,
I'm going with CPD and habrosas in my fifteen. I debated on what else to get but here are some other nice smaller fish if you can find them:
Chili or emerald eye rasbora
Honey or spotted blue eye

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions! I think for now I'll build up my group of cories and wait for some of the juvenile CPDs to grow a bit before I do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom