180 gallon Discus planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want a black background on mine too. The reverse side of the blue one I have is black but I'm sick of that shiny background stuff, I thought I'd just get some of that large craft paper and use it instead.

OBEYtheFISH said:
That's an amazing tank!
Hey what apisto is that on your avatar? Redneck viejita?

Thank you so much I'll post pics of my 125 soon as I get my digital camera back from the wife. Good eyes on the apisto! Always a plus to find fellow dwarf cichlid enthusiast not too many of us around that REALLY know about these little gems which is a shame. They make such great additions to the planted aquarium.

I had a double red in my 180 but I'm afraid they passed away :/
Right now I currently have 2 macmasteri pairs
Where did you get yours? & what size is it right now?

Some of my apisto collection is wild stock I've brought home with me from my two trips to Manaus and the other half from a few trusted dealers online.

Yeah I do
But I've been pondering the idea of a moss wall

Hey, nice looking tank. I have been considering a background. I don't want to put paint on my tank, and glossy something or other on the back is not cool enough. A moss background would be great. Any idea on how you would do that? Some kind of mesh or screen?

Discusapisto said:
Some of my apisto collection is wild stock I've brought home with me from my two trips to Manaus and the other half from a few trusted dealers online.

So that viejta is wild caught?
I've seen some agazzi & cacatuoides wild caught & they had no color :/ so I was hesitant in getting them

dlongbeach said:
Hey, nice looking tank. I have been considering a background. I don't want to put paint on my tank, and glossy something or other on the back is not cool enough. A moss background would be great. Any idea on how you would do that? Some kind of mesh or screen?

Yes a mesh or a stainless steel sheet
A lot of ppl on here have made a few & YouTube vids help lol

OBEYtheFISH said:
So that viejta is wild caught?
I've seen some agazzi & cacatuoides wild caught & they had no color :/ so I was hesitant in getting them

No my avatar pic is just that a pic I own viejta's but they are type 3 complex of the super reds. Red necks are German made strain not wild. You are spot on about wild type 1 cacatuoides and agazzi they are only colorful in breeding drab other than that molted coloration to blend in with the leaf litter and sand in their environment. I'll post pics of my super reds soon I just got them in waiting for them to reach maturity.

Discusapisto said:
No my avatar pic is just that a pic I own viejta's but they are type 3 complex of the super reds. Red necks are German made strain not wild. You are spot on about wild type 1 cacatuoides and agazzi they are only colorful in breeding drab other than that molted coloration to blend in with the leaf litter and sand in their environment. I'll post pics of my super reds soon I just got them in waiting for them to reach maturity.

No one around here has super reds :/
I'd love if you can get me some & I'd buy off of you??
& pics would be awesome!

Discusapisto said:

& pics would be awesome!

Discusapisto said:

& pics would be awesome!

OBEYtheFISH said:
& pics would be awesome!

Soon as I get a good breeding stock going I'll deff keep ya in mind when I get some extra fry I'll be more than happy to make arrangements with ya.

Discusapisto said:
Soon as I get a good breeding stock going I'll deff keep ya in mind when I get some extra fry I'll be more than happy to make arrangements with ya.

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!
I love apistogrammas they're second only to Discus :D

Back
Top Bottom