1st time at a fish auction!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My local aquarium club held an auction last night, and it was an interesting experience!

I practiced super human restraint- there were some stunning fish going for next to nothing- I felt bad for the sellers and organizers.

I went hoping to get at least one small severum, but there was only one severum and it was a great deal larger than I want. Not that I don't have the room, but I like to grow them up from as small as possible.

So no severum for me, but what I did come home with, was a bag of duckweed (no one sells it here, and I've been chasing it for ages!) a bag of cherry shrimp, a bag of mystery snails, a digital ph meter, two wee L002 tiger plecos, and my first foray into the world of cichlids: 5 blue eyes, and 2 brasiliensis. They were totally impulsive purchases, and they were in such tiny bags I honestly didn't think they'd make it. The auction itself went for 5 hours.

So anyway, so far, they are gorgeous! They sometimes cruise the tank in a school, which I didn't think new world cichlids did. Needless to say my bumblebee gobies are no longer the top dogs of that tank. Lol.

I don't know whether I'll keep them long term, as I really have my heart set on having 3 different colour severums, but for now I'm going to enjoy them and learn all about them :)

Ps- the shrimp are NOT in the same tank as the cichlids (y)

Back
Top Bottom