1x3 triple cube aquascape concept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The contrast between greens and non-greens is significantly enhanced, you can't see that on pictures. The intensity is slightly higher, But the plants feel the difference immediately. I could see some of the plants that are currently green getting pigments within an hour. Tonight after the plants are exposed for four hours or more I will take more pictures to compare, But so far I am really happy with my new purchases.

First update after the new lights:

The growth is just beyond description, had to trim everything today.

I also removed the driftwood from the left tank, opening some room for Blood Vomits, they are on their way.

Attachments

• image-3898096215.jpg
    image-3898096215.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 114
Ok sorry for asking what is a "Blood Vomit"?

It is a rare plant that will give an extra hint of red to the tank. It is typically used as midground on small tanks, or foreground on larger ones.

Attachments

• image-626512650.jpg
    image-626512650.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 106
Thank you I did finally find the answer and saw some on Aquabid. That is a very nice color addition, nice and different from the majority of basic green. But what a name!!! lol I hadn't noticed these around and lfs, that's for sure.

Here is an update on tank 1:

Some blood vomit and doinoi to replace the hairgrass.

Attachments

• image-3502013768.jpg
    image-3502013768.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3673823814.jpg
    image-3673823814.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 70
Tank 2 with Cassius and some REALLY SHY yellow shrimp.

Attachments

• image-1292330144.jpg
    image-1292330144.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2534411072.jpg
    image-2534411072.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 83
Tank 3 is about to expand the population...

Attachments

• image-1706045603.jpg
    image-1706045603.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 88
Wow everything looks so healthy, colorful, and algae free! GREAT WORK! I really like that shrimp w/ the betta. I'm going to have to re-visit that idea soon. Last time I put some fairly large Amano shrimp with my female betta and she totally attacked them w/out a thought.

Nice new acquisitions on the downoi and blood vomit.

I want to by some Downoi!!! Never seen it locally either, so online I guess, where did you get yours? And the Blood Vomit looks beautiful, very subtle, stunning loo on the tanks, just keeps getting better and better!

I got them from the planted tank "for Sale" subforum. Bloodvomit was expensive, $25/unit. D:

I got them from the planted tank "for Sale" subforum. Bloodvomit was expensive, $25/unit. D:

I like them alot. I looked at them but knew they would be lost in the 220g. The look good in your small tank! They are expensive along with ones like UG and Mini AR. But if it's what a person wants then it's worth the money. I went with the Mini AR.

Well I know what to look for now in the $4.99 mixed plants section just in case I see some for an amazing deal!!! LOL Fat chance but stranger things have happened. ;) Those you got look just like the pics, nice and big!

Rivercats...its true if it is important it can be worth the cost. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but sometimes it is just that special thing which makes the scene. The ones I am hoping to find are the Downoi, I've been looking for that locally for a long time, with no luck so I guess I will need to order it!

Quick update: the fish went for a sexual getaway. Fresh live insects, low PH from almond leaves, dark waters...

Female is back to her cube, male is teaching the babies how to hunt.

image-1920670821.jpg

Between 50 and 150 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom