1x3 triple cube aquascape concept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First free swimmers. When the right time come, I will let you decided which one will populate tank 3.

Attachments

• image-3179929172.jpg
    image-3179929172.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 113
I am going to take this betta breeding more serious. It is very technical, but not difficult.

Let me know if you need a female. I would give you one of my direct blood line from thailand.

Weekend update. A little teim here, a little trim there. All looking good. Tank one still has peaks of ammonia, such a pain.

By the way, the boy is back from vacation.

Attachments

• image-2027437850.jpg
    image-2027437850.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1001396697.jpg
    image-1001396697.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful as always Rafael. Although this trio tank setup is very unique, i just imagined all three tanks fused together as if it were one long tank.. The scapes are obviously breathtaking in their individual tanks, but would look just as stunning if it were one... That's how you know you really achieved what you set out to do from concept to reality. Great job. This also would be interesting to be considered a TOTM.. But it would have to be tank"s" of the month, for one month. This might be breaking the rules somehow? Haha

I would definately take some better pictures if you believe I have a chance. My wife said someone, somewhere, should recognize the hard work lol.

Got lazy and haven't replaced the CO2 tank for aprox. 10 days, so even after the water change, all three tanks have a slightly more opaque water (milky).

With the injected CO2 will it go away or should I consider some other measures as well?

Sorry I haven't been following the whole thread so I don't know the answer but are the tanks still cycling? Milky water usually suggests a bacterial bloom. It will clear in its own in time.

The tanks are 8 weeks old (2 of them) and 5 weeks old (1 of them).

It is difficult to see, and only noticeable at some angled lightings. These two pictures were taken today, about 40 seconds from each other. Can you see it on the second exposure?

Attachments

• image-1450058690.jpg
    image-1450058690.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2061862443.jpg
    image-2061862443.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 122
So the tanks were running without co2 for 10 days until you replaced the tank? Didn't you get a 20# tank or something? Was it not full because that was fast.

Anyway, I would have never associated cloudy water with a co2 issue. Most likely a bacterial bloom as Mumma suggested. Do you have DW in all three tanks? You have Purigen in all 3 filters right? It might be time to recharge the Purigen resin. There might be an excess of organics in the water exacerbating the bacterial bloom. Just my guess as well. More partial water changes and recharging the purigen should help.

No Purigen. Never had it, but might consider it.

No DW either, just the center tank has it.

It may be a coincidence...I will further investigate. Thank you for helping though, with the baby bettas, all my "aquarium time" is gone!

The milky water disappeared just as it appeared: within a week.

Tanks are pretty stable now: might start doing water changes every other week instead of every saturday.

Attachments

• image-4230990526.jpg
    image-4230990526.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 121
Good to hear you solved the mysterious milky water problem. Did you do anything out of the ordinary to fix it? How's your betta breeding going? Anyway, tanks are looking pristine..great work, Rafael!

Tanks are pretty stable now: might start doing water changes every other week instead of every saturday.

With such a low bio-load doing every other week WC's should be fine. Just remember if you dosing ferts your levels will get higher if you don't adjust the amounts your dosing. Or dose regularly the first week to reach your levels and don't dose on week two. I do this in the little 6g Edge's.

Great idea! You have done a wonderful job putting it all together. I just spent the last hour reading through this build, thanks for the many details.

(y)AWESOME job, to start out with!!! It makes me want to try the same thing and to include the betta breeding! That is the basic definition of inspirational. So congrats again. So in short :agree:with the above also ;) Do you ever sell the babies? If so let me know :)

I have aprox. 93 36days old bettas. The breeding was very successful.

Some will be given for free, others will be sold for 10-15 bucks and a few will go for 30+. No shipping though, so get reasy to prepare a visit to Disney World.

:brows:Actually, you know the funny part:lol:, my wife had been NAGGING the crap out of me to go to Disney World for years now:angel:.... Stay in contact and I will get a few ;) Also, I couldnt believe this thread was not rated before now so I had to give you the 5 star quality, you have gave on it!! One of 3 of my favorite inspirational threads....:thanks:

:brows:Actually, you know the funny part:lol:, my wife had been NAGGING the crap out of me to go to Disney World for years now:angel:.... Stay in contact and I will get a few ;) Also, I couldnt believe this thread was not rated before now so I had to give you the 5 star quality, you have gave on it!! One of 3 of my favorite inspirational threads....:thanks:

Thank you. The bettas will be "jar'ed" within the next 4 weeks, and ready to be re-homed by the second week of August. Plan accordingly. ;)

Back
Top Bottom