2 emperor 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katar76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm planning on buying a 125 gallon tank. I want some live plants and some community fish with 4-6 Angelfish eventually when conditions permit. I am familiar with the Emperor 400 line as I had them on a 75 gallon tank. Noise level does not bother me as the house is always noisy anyways, plus I never thought they were loud unless the water was too low. Will two emperor 400s be enough filtration for a 125 gallon tank?

Personally for a planted tank of this size I'd consider going with canister filters. They're a little pricier, but they do a much better job at turnover and filtering. I personally run a RENA XP4 on my 125 now. WHen the tank was heavily planted and stocked, I ran 2 of those.

Thank you for you answer, I have been doing a lot of research on the canister filters and there are so many on the market that I'm really confused about which to get, so I thought to stick with what I know. How is the RENA XP4 as far as maintenance, durability and is it quiet?

neilanh said:
Personally for a planted tank of this size I'd consider going with canister filters. They're a little pricier, but they do a much better job at turnover and filtering. I personally run a RENA XP4 on my 125 now. WHen the tank was heavily planted and stocked, I ran 2 of those.

Why is it that you need a better filter when you have a planted tank?

Back
Top Bottom