2 Month old 16G Bowfront Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's good to hear!! You should make sure to spread you experience with liverock to those who are thinking of doing only baserock, I never knew it made such a difference but I usually get all live rock.

I went to the LFS today to get some snails to keep the algae on the glass in control, and for the first time in months they had a coral banded shrimp, so I bought him.I've always really liked these guys. No other changes, I'm just really enjoying the stability LR has brought to the tank. So much less work an it used to be. All I do now is test weekly and do a 20% water change once a week. It's great.

nice! Any new pictures??

I'd keep an eye on that coral banded shrimp, the yellow or gold on would have been better suited for a 16 gallon since they stay fairly small, therefore generally less aggression. Keep him well fed and he should be fine.

And one of the branches on my big hammer coral is splitting. I'm happy it's growing because I want it to get bigger, and because it must be healthy if it wants to grow so quickly. :)

While I was getting some RO/DI and saltwater at my LFS this morning I saw that they had a few ocellaris clowns just the same size as mine that were hosting a rose bubbletip anemone in one of their tanks. I have wanted to replace the little clownfish I had that died last month, and have a pair again, but I've been waiting to find one just the right size. So I bought him and brought him home. He swam straight to my other clownfish and they have been swimming around the tank together ever since. :)

I'm hoping that since this little guy was hosting an anemone before, he will find my hammer corals and teach my other clown to host them together. It's worth a shot. Either way, I'm very happy to have a happy pair of clownfish again. I feel like my tank is much more complete with them.:fish2:

They don't exactly pose for you. by blissinpa, on Flickr

Very very nice. I think your tank is wonderful.

Yes agreed, it's looking beautiful! Awesome that the clowns paired so quickly, I guess being small it's easier. I'm sure you'll let us know if they host the coral : )

Thank you guys so much. I'm really very happy with my tank right now. I just wish it were bigger so I could have a school of green chromis.

MBliss81 said:
Thank you guys so much. I'm really very happy with my tank right now. I just wish it were bigger so I could have a school of green chromis.

Dream of it but cherish what you've got, otherwise you'll never be happy with what youve got!

YouTube Videos

So, for fun I like to mess around making videos every once in a while, and since I started my fish tank I have been posting them on YouTube.

Here is my latest video:

Check the videos out. Subscribe to my YouTube channel and I'll keep doing updates.

Thanks.

MBliss81 said:
So, for fun I like to mess around making videos every once in a while, and since I started my fish tank I have been posting them on YouTube.

Here is my latest video:

Check the videos out. Subscribe to my YouTube channel and I'll keep doing updates.

Thanks.

Not available in Amuurica.

Nice video! My clown fish swim at the top like that during the night, even thought they are hosting my green mushroom which is odd but they are always out and about during the day. Maybe that damsel is scaring them, he is quite a bit larger than the little clowns.

I picked up a larger hammer coral tonight (maybe they'll host this one) and some more zoas. I think it is the damsel that keeps the clowns swimming around at the top of the tank all the time. I might create another nano reef tank (10 gallon this time) when I get my home office moved to my basement and let the damsel be the king (and only tenant) of that tank. It would be fun to have another tank mainly for corals.

I'll get some pics of the new coral on here tomorrow.

Today I added a couple small ricordea mushrooms, some watermelon zoas and a brain coral. I rearranged the live rock to get everything where it needs to be to get the proper light and water flow. I'll get some pics and try to have them on here tomorrow.The reef is coming together quite well now. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom