20 Gal Planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful tank. Puts mine to shame. lol

Following, as I want to get my low light tank (upgrading soon) looking something closer to what you've done.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Looking good as usual... that HC can be such a pain if it uproots... I am sure it was hard to keep it planted in that substrate.

Looks great. Now you just need to trim it and get the bushy growth that everyone desires.

Thanks, Everyone!

Looks great. Now you just need to trim it and get the bushy growth that everyone desires.

I did trim several of the tallest Rotala and then replanted the trimmings last week. Will do so again in a week or so. Now that I have my 37 gallon pretty well under control, I can devote some time to this tank!

Skipped last week, but here's my photo update for this week! Chain sword still making great progress. Have some red hues on my Rotala now.

img_1262377_0_b30c120b27320f066720fab5cc8d3e15.jpg

img_1262377_1_3e3a0de33efc376e9e4f858451175c84.jpg

now why can't i have a good skill of aquascaping like you and your son...:-D

alisha, it is always good to see your tank. it is so relaxing and puts a smile in my face.

Thanks, guys! Dialeene, I'll have to post new pics of my son's tank. He's has it completely re-done since his water leak fiasco two weeks ago.

Tank update! Got some new fishy friends for my danios :)

img_1268126_0_8605054a72a0bbce82bfd7a9a48c7008.jpg

Still not 100% compltely happy with this tank. Thinking about adding another plant or two. Maybe this weekend if I can make the trip. Thinking about adding some Bacopa or some Mermaid weed.

img_1268126_1_61c9bd2022f5777bcd7b815c8b43187f.jpg

Coleallensmom said:
Tank update! Got some new fishy friends for my danios :)

Cool looking little fishies. What are they?

Still not 100% compltely happy with this tank. Thinking about adding another plant or two. Maybe this weekend if I can make the trip. Thinking about adding some Bacopa or some Mermaid weed.

Mermaid weed? Gonna have check that out :D.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

Thanks, guys! Dialeene, I'll have to post new pics of my son's tank. He's has it completely re-done since his water leak fiasco two weeks ago.

Thanks Alisha...I will greatly appreciate that. I would bet in advance that his tank is more awesome than mine all of my 4 tanks together against his...LOL.

And your tank is awesome as usual....personally I am loving your tank the way it is, but I bet whatever addition you may have, it will be more awesome...:)

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I really like your tank, the plants have really progressed. Love the variety as well, I only have some vals and I dont even know the name of the other one. Maybe you can help me identify it. I'd appreciate some input and ideas.

Attachments

• image-2283888196.jpg
    image-2283888196.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 194
  • image-2836768159.jpg
    image-2836768159.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 199
  • image-1222362795.jpg
    image-1222362795.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 205
Hey, I'm new to the forum. I really like your tank, the plants have really progressed. Love the variety as well, I only have some vals and I dont even know the name of the other one. Maybe you can help me identify it. I'd appreciate some input and ideas.

Thanks! It's hard to tell from your photos but it looks like it could be Anacharis to me. Start up a thread in the Planted tank forum with your tank and lighting information and I'm sure we'll be able to give you some ideas of what would be good to add to your tank! :)

Coleallensmom said:
Thanks! It's hard to tell from your photos but it looks like it could be Anacharis to me. Start up a thread in the Planted tank forum with your tank and lighting information and I'm sure we'll be able to give you some ideas of what would be good to add to your tank! :)

Thanks i'll do that. Hope to see more pictures of your tank.

Back
Top Bottom