20 Gal Planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Photo update 3/28. Added a small amount of the Mermaid weed. Very difficult to plant, but I think it will look good as it grows!

img_1272825_0_b708a403ad64303b74b1e05e5bb52231.jpg

img_1272825_1_245c226380353de5ebe4504fb0e03ae6.jpg

I really like the look of this tank. It's classy. Reminds me of a little beach front with a forest right behind it (very creative of me I know :rolleyes:).

Isn't she? Everytime I looked at this tank, it calms me down..although I am already a calm person...makes me smile. It's a breathtaking sight..

Hi Alisha :) it's been almost a month now since your last update. Time to update! lol :D

Ok, ok! lol :D Been busy the last few weeks!

Not much has changed with the tank. Chain sword has grown the whole way across the tank now. Wasn't happy with the Mermaid weed, so I took that back out.

img_1322907_0_3e0301ae02bda166676cccfc74aa715d.jpg

img_1322907_1_423cc1a3be7bd1af2715188ea61fe551.jpg

Looks amazing! :D

What'd the name of your background plant again? Is the plant on the right hygro?

I love your tank, mine is much smaller so I feel a lot cant be done, ever thought of adding some driftwood? Because your rocks have been taken into the plants. I like that plant rock or plant wood contrast. Just a thought. And again I love your tank.

Looks amazing! :D

What'd the name of your background plant again? Is the plant on the right hygro?

Thank you, Roy!! :)

Rotala Rotundifolia is the background plant as well as some Ludwigia Palustris (Narrowleaf). The plant on the end on either side is Willow Leaf Hygro.

I love your tank, mine is much smaller so I feel a lot cant be done, ever thought of adding some driftwood? Because your rocks have been taken into the plants. I like that plant rock or plant wood contrast. Just a thought. And again I love your tank.

The chain sword has pretty much taken over the front of the tank...and yes, just haven't found the right piece yet! It's hard to find an interesting piece of wood that is small enough to work.

Thanks, btw :)

Same here, my LFS doesnt handle driftwood. I was reading about procesing natural drift wood river side or shore, ever tryed something like that?

Same here, my LFS doesnt handle driftwood. I was reading about procesing natural drift wood river side or shore, ever tryed something like that?

I have driftwood in my other tank and the first piece I used was a driftwood chunk that I had found, cleaned, and soaked. Even after a couple weeks of soaking, it still leached tannins in to the tank. I ended up finding some Lousianna driftwood at my LFS that looked nice, was pre-washed, and guaranteed not to change the color of my water. Put that in the tank and have been completely happy with it. Haven't done the same with this tank because I just couldn't decide if I want to make the switch to wood or if I just want to try taller rocks. I've done some previous rearranging of the rocks already in the tank, but left them pretty much the same as I felt they looked best the way they are...Fairly happy with the tank as is. :)

That looks gorgeous! And the growth you got seems really rapid.You try to get some red plants in there for a small splash of color. It's also time to do some trimming. Pruning heavily produces small compact bushy growth that stays lower than the original plant. Trimming lightly causes more branching but it will still grow up high very quickly.

Very nice! So relaxing! I wish I could have a tank like yours! Keep it up.

how do the vails do with the excel i started half doseing because plant geek said anachris and vails will melt from excel

IME, you will have melting if you dose heavily or dump the excel directly near the vals. I just make sure to dose on the opposite side of the tank from my vals and they do fine!

good idea ...i have a 50 tall so i will try a full dose on the other side :) lol i ordered everything for a c02 set up lol i wont have to woryy about it for that much longer haha

Back
Top Bottom