20 Gal Planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coleallensmom said:
Thank you, Roy!! :)

Rotala Rotundifolia is the background plant as well as some Ludwigia Palustris (Narrowleaf). The plant on the end on either side is Willow Leaf Hygro.

You should sell me some trimmings of Rotala Rotundifolia :D

Im so envious of the nice community you guys have over there, Im in Peru and there might be a lot of aquarists, but none as organized. It males the experience so much more enjoyable.

ok thanks what are the best places to buy them(online), and how much light do they need. i have 20 watts in my 10 gallon, and i think 24 in my 29 would it grow in one of these?

I have about 2.4w T5 lighting on this tank. I wouldn't recommend it for your 29gal but you could give it a try in your 10 gal. There are several good online stores where people in the forum like to purchase plants from but I buy mine from That Fish Place.

I'd send you some for shipping costs if I knew how to get them to you w/o killing them!

Flat rate box from the post office... some newspapers for insulation and a ziplock bag with your plants wrapped in wet paper towels. That's it! :)

I got some that's due for a trimming if Alisha doesn't want to ship.

I'll let Steve help you out this time, Roy. I might be replacing my 37 gal with a 50 gal this week and if I do I will probably use a bunch of my trimmings in the 50 gal. Keep your fingers crossed for me..!!

No problem at all :) looking forward to seeing your 50g. I bet it's going to look awesome!

:fingers crossed: :D

Thanks! Just hoping it's in good shape! It's about an hour drive from me, so I'm going to be disappointed if I don't bring it home ;)

5/16 update. I took one of the rocks out of this tank and rearranged the other rock. Not sure if I like this look better not, we'll see after my Rotala grows back (just gave it a good trim!) New pics:

img_1355847_0_701666eb776a746b1285c6dda8c84476.jpg

img_1355847_1_1d5e51d9a701d9aaeb919781e7211d9b.jpg

img_1355847_2_5f77809079021574ae98211b1c6d7cfb.jpg

Looks awesome! The hygros are getting thick and the micro swords completely covered the front part of the tank. Looks great! :D

Wow. I can't wait until I have at least one tank that looks half as good as one of yours. It's just beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom