20 Gallon Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kat1103

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is my newest tank I've been working on. I've had it set up and cycled for a little over a month and a half. Originally, I was planning on putting my male betta in here with the snail. But, when I moved him in he became sick. I removed him from the tank and put him back into his old 5 gallon and treated him. He seemed so happy and content in his old tank I just decided to leave him in there. Anyways he is now healed and doing well. I bought a new betta for the 20. But this time I purchased a female betta. Couldn't get a good pic of her bc she swims and moves constantly. I think she loves her new home! I still don"t have a background yet. There are 2 live plants, one java fern and a anubias nana. But enough of the rambling, here is the stock list and pics:
8 neon tetras
2 mystery snails (bought a friend for my yellow one)
4 julii cories
1 female betta

Attachments

• DSC02710.jpg
    DSC02710.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC02724.jpg
    DSC02724.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC02728.jpg
    DSC02728.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC02736.jpg
    DSC02736.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 210
Looks good, the black rock substrate looks good, as long as it's not sharp it will be ok. Don't want sharp objects injuring your Cory.

the substrate is more like pebbles and they're rounded. But I was thinking of changing to a lighter color substrate bc the cories are hard to spot against the black.

Kat1103 said:
the substrate is more like pebbles and they're rounded. But I was thinking of changing to a lighter color substrate bc the cories are hard to spot against the black.

Ahh yea makes sense. That's why I have black sand and albinos.

I almost got the albinos but the julii were to cute to pass up
I will have to post more pics after the substrate change :)
Does anyone have any suggestions on a background color? Should I just do black?

I use a black background because I find everything in the tank to stand out more. I guess it's just personal preference though.

wow! im impressed! ur tank looks fabulous! i love ur neon tetra! and ur black substrate really made their colour shine! if i were u ill keep ur substrate! works well with ur neon tetra! but ultimately its ur decision! if u do go for sand, i recommend u adding a few Malaysian trumpet snails! they help prevent pocket of gas forming that is deadly towards ur stock! :D also add a black background! (me: imagining how awesome it will look :D)

Thanks everybody for the advice! I'm now going to do a black background but still haven't decided on the substrate yet. Does anyone think my tank is fully stocked or could I add 2-3 more neons? That would be it if I could though....

Kat1103 said:
Thanks everybody for the advice! I'm now going to do a black background but still haven't decided on the substrate yet. Does anyone think my tank is fully stocked or could I add 2-3 more neons? That would be it if I could though....

I don't think its overstocked. But ill leave that to the pro to confirm.

i think a blue would look nice to bring out the pinks and orange. you definitely could get 3 more neon tetras especially since they are small. im not an expert but going by the rule of thumb 1 fish per gallon of water. :)

i think a blue would look nice to bring out the pinks and orange. you definitely could get 3 more neon tetras especially since they are small. im not an expert but going by the rule of thumb 1 fish per gallon of water. :)

I used aqua advisor to help me stock my tank. You should check it out, it's pretty cool. Next time I'm at the petstore to get dog food I'm going to pick up some more neons and a background

I used aqua advisor to help me stock my tank. You should check it out, it's pretty cool. Next time I'm at the petstore to get dog food I'm going to pick up some more neons and a background

wow i just used it that was really cool. thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom